cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floating chat box hiding behind window

kgx120
Listener

Ever since I updated to the new version my floating chat box disappears whenever I share my screen in fullscreen. It no longer pops up in front of my shared screen window, but instead hides behind it on my desktop. As a result, I have to pause sharing to minimise the window so I can see the chat box, and then resume sharing when I've read the messages. It's quite frustrating. Anyone else having the same issue since the update? 

8 REPLIES 8

ms_natalie
Listener

Yes!!!! The same thing happened to me yesterday and I've been trying to figure it out since then. I teach math online and it's very important for my lessons. I need HELP too!!!! 

alizawerner
Listener

Same happened to me tonight while facilitating a meeting. Any resolutions?

Haley1
Listener

SAME. This is soooooo frustrating. Any solutions yet?

Yes. Download the newest version of Zoom. The last update was the problem that hid the chat box. Hope this helps 🙂

ms_natalie
Listener

Yes. Download the newest version of Zoom. The last update was the problem that hid the chat box. Hope this helps 🙂 

THANK YOU! I just updated to the newest version and tested it out. Chat box is back! Thank you for sharing that here @ms_natalie!

Haley1
Listener

I just got this to work!! My app wasn't the most updated. When I checked for updates on the desktop app and upgraded to version 5.12.9 (my version when it wasn't working was 5.12.2) it took care of the issue. Hope this helps!

alizawerner
Listener

Exactly the same for me @Haley1! Thanks for the update. I'm just grateful it works again!