cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flickering screen

Joanne-14
Listener

Since my last update my zoom camera keeps flikering and turning the screen green

I have uninstalled and reinstalled zoom several times

I have taken my laptop to a tech support who has checked my device and there are no faults

I have tried using a webcam - this did not resolve the problem

I do not have this problem on my phone camera or my notebook chrome

This only happens on my laptop which is running on windows 10

Is anyone else having this problem and managed to resolve it?

10 REPLIES 10

MvBTalenbureau
Listener

I have the same problem, also with Windows 10 and after update.

beddinger
Listener

Same Problem here - it seems to work okay in the browser but not in the app

MvBTalenbureau
Listener

My processor is also incredibly slow when using Zoom now (apart from the green flickering problem). Might it be an error in the update? I have changed several settings, and un installed and re installed, as other members of the community suggested, but it didn't solve anything yet.

Jaquelina
Listener

Tengo el mismo problema desde la actualizacion!! Escribi al soporte tecnico pero no me dieron una solucion.

MvBTalenbureau
Listener

I found another suggestion of a member that DID work for me:   I was able to fix the problem myself by changing some settings. Try opening a meeting...then go to video settings...advanced....unclick Optimize video with de-noise. 

My processor is still slow, but sharing works, and video is not flickering anymore.

I have just tried this suggestion and it seems to work for me too! Thanks.

thank you! I have the same problem so will try that

nydabudig
Listener

Have same problem with flickering video since did the update on 1/11/2023.  If  Zoom would offer old versions, we could uninstall and use the older version maybe.

MvBTalenbureau
Listener

Yes, this should also solve it.  The new update seems to cause problems for those with a slower processor (CPU).

Zoom has sent me an e-mail suggesting both solutions as given above: 

.video settings...advanced....unclick Optimize video with de-noise 

.uninstalling the new version, and using the former one. (5.12.9 and restarting computer) 

The issue is expected to be fixed on the 5.13.5 version which will be released next Monday, January 16th.

An update 

Listener

I have started encountering exactly the same problem in the last couple of days. I also use a laptop running on Windows 10. I don't know what to do.