cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback loop

RentiaVisser
Listener

I get this message at some stage during every meeting, and then I get muted. It happens if I'm hosting and also if I'm just joining a meeting.

It happens early (within a few minutes of starting, or sometimes later.

I have tried all possible different combinations of speaker and microphone (using computer's built in mic, no external mic) but it still happens.

I have uninstalled and re-installed zoom, it still happens.

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

Do not use open speakers during your meetings. Use earbuds or headphones. You might also check to see if you have Original Sound for Musicians enabled. If it is enabled, disable it, as it commonly turns off Echo Cancellation.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Hi Jeff.

Thank you for your feedback. I do not have Original Sound for Musicians enabled.

As for the rest, does that mean that Zoom does not work properly on a pc? That earbuds/earphones are required? Because that is how I am using it at the moment - just on the pc, without any other audio equipment - no external speaker, earphones, etc.

Surely zoom should function normally and smoothly on a normal pc?

ZoomTestKitchen

Zoom has done a great job trying to cancel out unwanted audio, but it's impossible to get it all in some situations.

It's a best practice recommendation to not have open speakers while on a Zoom call, but rather use earbuds or headphones. This is not a Mac versus PC issue, at all. It's physics... when audio comes out of an open speaker that is near a microphone, there is a very good chance that that audio is going to get fed back into the meeting.

Software helps a lot, but best practices will finish the job.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen