cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request - Adjust volume by participant

sdavissc
Listener

I know individuals can adjust their own microphone sensitivity, however it would be ideal to be able to adjust the volume level of individual participants. Some people come across as nearly screaming, while others are quiet as a mouse. It' difficult to continuously turn your volume up and down depending on who is speaking. 

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @sdavissc great feature request here! This should be submitted to https://zoom.us/feed for any product feedback you may have. Thanks! 

As of now, however, participants will need to adjust their input volume, they can do so by clicking the arrow next to the microphone icon for Mute/Unmute and selecting Audio Settings from the drop-down menu. You can use the sliders to adjust the volume for your selected microphone and speaker.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

camsaw
Listener

This is an important Zoom deficiency.   It is very time-consuming to get all participants to adjust their microphone volumes, and frequently some people need to be instructed in how to do it.  It is not practical to be constantly adjusting the computer's output volume setting or Zoom's output volume setting each time someone new starts talking, especially in a rapid conversation with frequent speaker changes.

tsmalls
Listener

I’m currently on a Zoom meeting where one of the participants is far louder than other participants, including the host. It is definitely a need to be able to lower the output volume of non-host participants so the host can be heard. The options of muting the participant have been used, as well as speaking offline about the need to follow the cues of the host. However, people are not as tech savvy as we would like to think, and this meeting is like past meetings with one person having sound dominance over all the others. I hope Zoom recognizes this as a real issue and shares an output volume control feature for each participant, or at least something like a compression setting to limit the volume possible for non-host participants.