cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to convert recording

Hicham
Listener

Hi, at the end of the meeting. ZOOM didn't convert the meeting. I go to manually converted from Meeting - Recording. I open the folder and then I double click the file named: "double_click_to_convert_01" and I get the message: " Failed to convert recording. There is another recording conversion in progress, please convert this recording later from Meetings>Recording". Any help?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

RajanB
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hi Hicham

Please follow below procedure & see if it helps...

1. Sign out of Zoom on both the web and desktop application

2. Restart the machine (Not Shutdown).

3. Once restarted, sign back into the Zoom app and try to convert the recording manually again.

View solution in original post

Try this:

I faced the exact same problem and restarting my machine did not help. But i did one thing. I left the laptop for some time (it was night so i thought id attend to it next morning). 

Next day i searched for the appdata folder in my laptop like this:

On windows OS, right click on the windows icon and click on run - a small dialogue box appears

type %AppData% on it and click okay

It shall take you to this file path  - (username)>AppData>Roaming .... (I couldn't find it manually earlier - and this was a relief!)

Go to the zoom folder and click it open. In the meanwhile, keep your desktop zoom app open (This is important as zoom needs to be open to convert the file when you finally find it - You WILL find it, don't worry.)

In the Zoom folder, open the bin folder.

Search for the file named zTscoder and double click it. (LIke i said, make sure your zoom desktop is open - this is the zoom icon that appears on the laptop's taskbar.)

It shall take you to the folders/folder of recorded but not converted meetings. (Tears of JOY!)

Double click on the file you wish to convert and zoom shall convert it.

Hope this helps everyone who reads this discussion.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

RajanB

Hi Hicham

Please follow below procedure & see if it helps...

1. Sign out of Zoom on both the web and desktop application

2. Restart the machine (Not Shutdown).

3. Once restarted, sign back into the Zoom app and try to convert the recording manually again.

sorry for interrupting, but it's not work with my zoom recording

can you please giving me another solution? thanks in advance

RajanB

Hi Ivana
If above solution does not work for you, is it possible for you to raise a support ticket with Zoom?

How do you raise a support ticket with Zoom? I have tried, no success. Thanks

Hi there...I tried following your steps and my recording still isn't converting. Any other options for how to be able to use this video? 

This did not work - it stalled on 0% converted. Please help - is there somewhere I can send the files to be converted?

My Converting the meeting recording is stuck at 20%?

Tuongvi_2903
Listener

The way above of RajanB works😍. Now i can convert to see my recording in Zoom. Thanks so much!

sherilp
Listener

I cant get mine to work either.  I went to the zoom/bin file and double clicked on zTscoder.exe   Nothing happened.  When I click on double_click_to_convert_01.zoom   I get that destination folder error.   I moved everything to another folder... but it doesn't let me move the double-click file.   Very frustrating!!!

seattesm
Listener

I am having this same issue where my meeting did not save to my desktop because another meeting was still converting. The recording is not showing up under the recording section. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Try this:

I faced the exact same problem and restarting my machine did not help. But i did one thing. I left the laptop for some time (it was night so i thought id attend to it next morning). 

Next day i searched for the appdata folder in my laptop like this:

On windows OS, right click on the windows icon and click on run - a small dialogue box appears

It shall take you to this file path  - (username)>AppData>Roaming .... (I couldn't find it manually earlier - and this was a relief!)

Go to the zoom folder and click it open. In the meanwhile, keep your desktop zoom app open (This is important as zoom needs to be open to convert the file when you finally find it - You WILL find it, don't worry.)

Search for the file named zTscoder and double click it. (LIke i said, make sure your zoom desktop is open - this is the zoom icon that appears on the laptop's taskbar.)

It shall take you to the folders/folder of recorded but not converted meetings. (Tears of JOY!)

Lekha
Listener

Next day i searched for the appdata folder in mt laptop like this:

Search for the file named zTscoder and double click it. (LIke i said, make sure your zoom desktop is open - this is the zoom icon that appears on the taskbar.)

It shall take you to the recorded but not converted meeting. (Tears of JOY!)

I have tried this, and every other tip I have seen on this website: but nothing is working.  I've tried re-installing and wiping out all my old recording files: but I still cannot convert *any* recording I make by any method - not even a 30-second test file. In this case, when I get to zTscoder.exe and click on it, it looks for a few seconds as if it's about to do something; then just stops with no explanation. If I use the 'Convert button' the 'working spiral simply carries on indefinitely - even all night! A few times, on logging out and in again, it has come up with a message to say that there's an unconverted recording and presents a 'Convert Now' button: but that does nothing either. I've got 230Gb free on the drive. One possible clue is that the properties of the file containing the recordings keeps defaulting back to 'read only': why would it do that?

JLucente
Listener

Try copy-pasting everything in the folder that contains the files "double_click_to_convert_01.zoom" into a new folder, and delete any video or audio files from the new folder. So there should be 1 or 2 or more .zoom files and a few other text files likely.... then try double clicking on the file "..._01.zoom"...

The converting process should start...

Ahhhh you are a genius thanks

This worked for me. Thank you.

pixxytube
Listener

Watch this video I made. It is very simple. Just delete the video and audio file in the recorded folder and double click the zoom raw file again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MdWRnr2UQg

zoombier
Listener

I have a macbook and belongs to my company. My issue was related to a system permission.

1. Quit Zoom and restart your computer
2. Open zoom and record to computer. A privacy and security prompt appeared and I entered my credentials (you need system admn rights)

That worked for me!