cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exceptions to default settings

GrantW
Listener

Our organization's policies have changed and I need to make groups to allow certain employees greater permissions than the default. Specifically, I need to disable recording as a default and allow certain people the ability to record, with different retention policies. What I've found is that if I lock out recording at the account level - affecting all users - I'm unable to create a group that is then permitted to record. How can I create groups with permissions less restrictive than the default?

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @GrantW first suggest looking into the KB on Managing user groups and settings should further clarify groups, adding groups and users. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

GrantW
Listener

Hi - Thanks for the reply. I went there first and it was not helpful for my needs. I need the default setting to be the most restrictive and groups to be exceptions for greater permissions based on business unit need. Instead, Zoom groups allow adding restriction to the default which must be the least restrictive for any of the groups to actually work. This causes a problem when a user joins the account is now in the least restrictive group rather than the most. A random user having the most freedom is the opposite of what I need.