cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when trying to add alternative host

mickapoo
Listener

I'm trying to assign an alternative host to my personal meeting room. When I try to do so, I get the error message "Unable to assign "***********" as an alternative host because the user cannot be selected at this time".  Any idea why? Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Your alternate host must be someone on your account, and licensed.

See the details of using the Alternative Host in this Zoom Support article:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/208220166-Designating-an-alternative-host 

If you feel like your Alternative Host fits the requirements, we can discuss further.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

I am having this problem as well.  I created an organization (Simply Mobilizing USA) and added a user to the organization (***@gmail.com).  He is a licensed Pro users.  He received and confirmed the addition.  I had him confirm he was at the appropriate Windows App level.  I then tried to create a meeting and add him as Alternate Host but got the message "Unable to add ***@gmail.com as an alternative host because the user cannot be selected at this time."

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @rhultman.

I'm unclear about something... it sounds like you created a new organization. Both the Host and the Alternate Host have to be on the same organizational account.  You can invite the user you created to join your account; see this Zoom Support article for details:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360028938451-Adding-existing-users-to-a-paid-account

If the person is on the same account, then it's possible that some portion of the information is cached by the web page you're on, and re-loading the web page before continuing might help.  But it seems to be an indication that you typed in a name that isn't on the same account as you.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hi Ray, I am having the issue described above. It sounds like if I am inviting a cohost from a different company who I guess must not be on their own licensed account, what is the next best alternative assuming I don't have permission to add this person to my org's account? Thanks so much for any insight!

rhultman
Listener

I did just create the new organization, then added the user who had a paid Pro account.  The user received the email and confirmed it.  I tried to create a meeting and add him as Alternate Host and it failed. I logged off, then back on. Failed again. I find it strange that clearing cache would cause this. I switched to a completely different browser, logged into Zoom, created the meeting, added him as Alternate Host and got the same error message.  Attached is a screenshot showing the organization (Simply Mobilizing USA) and the linked account for ***********.