cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing a Recurring Meeting

Bob_Lane
Listener

Why does Zoom open a new full-screen window to edit some recurring meetings with many options to change/edit, but when I try to edit what I think is an identical type of meeting only a small window opens with no options to edit the date and time fields, etc. This is very frustrating. What am I missing or doing wrong?

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Bob_Lane, without exposing your meeting details are you able to share with us a screenshot of what you're seeing? I'd like to try to replicate to see if I can help you find your answer 🙂

I was successfully able to edit the recurring meeting to set a specific date and time from Zoom client > meetings > edit the recurring meeting > uncheck recurring meeting > configure your specific date and time. 

Or are you editing your recurring meeting through the web portal?

If you're having trouble with the Zoom client, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Zoom desktop client to see if it helps. You can also try signing out and back in with your Zoom credentials on the Zoom desktop client.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Mark2
Listener

This is a frustrating thing that we have noticed since 17th December.

As Admins of all our 17 Zoom accounts we used to be able to create and edit recurring meetings for each Zoom account through our Admin account.

Now when we try to edit the name of a recurring event, we can't. As admin we can only see everything below the meeting ID. (See view below)

Mark2_0-1671446621431.png

We can't amend any real details at all.

The only thing we can do is login as the individual zoom account and amend from there, which is hugely impractical as we are a school and each of the individual zoom accounts is a teacher that we assign to teach.

Please tell me this is a bug and not another unilateral "improvement" that someone at Zoom thought would be a jolly wheeze!