cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing a Licensed User

vanna1
Listener

If I have 4 licensed users and one person leaves the organization, how do I delete or edit that license so I can add the new hire to my account.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

In Zoom you have User Management and you have License Management, and licenses get attached to Users.

So, if you add the new user account, after removing the license from the persons account that left, you'll then be able to attach that now available license to the new user account you just created.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @vanna1 

When its time to remove that user's account, you have a few options. 

• Unlinking their profile will allow them to keep their Zoom user profile, but they won't be on your account any longer and would need to pay for any upgrades themselves. This may not be a good option if their account is tied to a custom domain email used by your company (Zoom wouldn't let me keep my @ zoom.us email if I left the company, as an example)
  • Deleting this completely deletes their user profile, while also giving you an option to transfer all that user's meetings, recordings, and some other data to another user on the account. 

Either decision you make, the license will remain on your account, and just be unassigned when that user is unlinked or deleted. When you're inviting the new hire to your account, you can assign them the license during the process or afterwards. 

Here are a few related support articles: 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

willjoe
Attendee

Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
In the navigation menu, click Account Management then Account Profile.
Click Change Owner.
Enter the new owner's email address.
Click Change. The new owner's email address will be listed on the Account Profile page and the old owner will now be an admin

Hope this helps.