cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between link - trouble shooting

EliseS
Listener

Good day,

I notice that the links created by the plug-in Zoom in my Outlook calendar are not the same in my Zoom account (via zoom.us).

In  Outlook all the links has this mention at the end of the invite link :  &from=addon

Also, when I create meetings for others, which gave me the schedule privilege, they can't start the meeting or let the participants get in.

Thanks for your help

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @EliseS it's been some time since you've posted this discussion and was wondering if you were still running into issues with your outlook plug-in? Have you tried updating your Zoom client? Or uninstalled and reinstalled?

When using Outlook add-in, by design the join link has this additional “?from=addon”. Should you not want these additional characters on the join link then we suggest that you use Outlook Addon. Or you can schedule the meeting on the web portal, then copy the invitation and send it manually via Outlook.

You can also troubleshoot by removing the Outlook plug-in (good external resource on how to remove the plug-in) which will not delete the scheduled meetings (Outlook) and by re-adding the plug-in. 

Note:

When ed iting a schedule choose “Send updates to all attendees” to make sure everyone has the updated version of the invite

2749B988-4AC4-48B7-9A0F-6B064BE374D5.jpeg

For the issue regarding meetings not updating, we may need an admin on the account assistance to check Account Settings on Calendar and contacts integration.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!