cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code requested when Logging in from another device

machellelee1
Listener

Hello, 

I am hoping that someone can problem solve with me an issue that I am having. 

I own a yoga studio where we offer some classes online.  Usually, the teachers are leading their classes and editing/sending recordings from one computer in the studio - all using the single username and password for our account.  Sometimes, a teacher needs to teach from their home and in the past, they have had no trouble using the username and password to access Zoom to teach their class or edit a recording.  

Recently, if someone tries to log in with any device other than the studio's computer, then Zoom wants to send a security code to me (the administrator) that I have to give to them before they can log in.  

I have talked to other studio owners who are NOT having this problem so I think it must be something in my settings.  Does anyone have a suggestion for me on how to set up my Zoom so that meetings/recordings can be accessed by my staff without the system triggering a security code request? 

Thank you,

Machelle

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @machellelee1, suggest looking into the KB on Managing two-factor authentication (2FA). Admins can enable 2FA for users, requiring them to set up and use 2FA. Admins can also reset an existing 2FA setup if a user has lost access to their 2FA app. If two-factor authentication is disabled, users with a work email login type are required to enter a time-based one-time password (OTP) sent to their email if Zoom detects an unusual login from a different country or device than normal.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!