cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Recording

nasjoied
Listener

I had just finished my class about 3-4 hours ago, I was made a co-host by my professor to start the recording. Since I only had my Ipad to record then, I did, and the only option available was "cloud recording". So I recorded as usual without the knowledge behind cloud recordings, and I thought it would be fine since I thought it'd be the same as local (meaning able to be used by free accounts), just a different place for where the video resides. 

After a few searches, I saw that the host was the one who will still get the recording in their account if in case my prof's account isn't paid, and he proceeds to avail a license, would the recording appear or is it gone forever since the cloud recording was done while having a free account?

4 REPLIES 4

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @nasjoied 

Your professor's account must be a paid account, as you would have not seen the cloud recording option if they were a free user. The professor will have the recording in their cloud recordings on the web portal. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

So does that mean if my professor lets me host the meeting, and I hit the cloud recording button, after the meeting the recording will be eventually saved at my professor's portal instead of mine, right?

Hi, I’m experimenting the same problem here, did your professor’s account have the recording?

thanks! 

Yes, the recording was in my professor's account