cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of zoom account in my email

Anand010
Listener

Hey! I'd like to know how can I change the zoom account associated with my email ***********

Earlier I was using an individual zoom account which I had linked to my official email but later my company purchased a company license and now I wish to have and store my meetings on the new company zoom account and move away from the old one. I have the access to the new one but whenever I try to setup a meeting with zoom conferencing, the meeting host is still the old one and I wish to change it to the new one. My company is on the Gsuite network.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

zac2021
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Anand010 Please try steps below on your Chrome browser G Suite Calendar.

1. Click on the Zoom for G Suite App. You should see the account that is currently signed in. You will need to sign it out if you see that the account is still the old email account.

2. To sign out, click on the 3 vertical dots.

3. Click on sign-out

Please see sample snapshots below:

zac2021_0-1648492714394.png

Once the old email account is signed out from Zoom for G Suite out, click on the app icon again and this time sign in with the new email account.

Leverage cool features and how to's from the Community Help Center. If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button! ⤵️

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

zac2021

@Anand010 You may do the following for new meetings:

1. Remove Zoom Scheduler extension in Chrome. From Chrome, click on the 3-vertical dots (top right corner) > More Tools > Extensions > search for Zoom Scheduler > Remove

By doing so, this will remove the extension and the old account from being used for new Zoom Meeting schedules.

2. Sign in to Zoom web portal https://zoom.us/signin with the new Zoom account.

3. Configure Calendar and Contact Service with Google Calendar. Profile > Calendar and Contacts Integration. For detailed instructions, please click here.

4. Install Zoom Scheduler extension for Chrome. See steps here.

5. Check if the new account is now in use by scheduling a new meeting.

-----------------
If this answers your questions/issues, please mark this as "Accept as Solution" or you may provide more feedback for us to understand more your issue.

Hey Zac! Thanks for responding.

Firstly, there was no Zoom Scheduler extension in Chrome pre-installed. So I proceeded with step 2 and after completing everything, when I'm trying to create a new meeting and I select zoom add-on for video conferencing, the meeting host still mentions my old id and not the new company one 🙁

zac2021

@Anand010 That's odd. Thank you for adding more contexts. Would you mind sharing on how you create a new meeting please?

We have multiple ways to create schedule a meeting: from the Zoom desktop client or mobile app; from the Zoom web portal; and using scheduling plugins for Outlook, Chrome; Firefox and G Suite.

Scheduling meetings

Sure Zac! Since my organization is on the G suite ecosystem, I click on the 9 square-shaped dots on the top right corner which houses the various google apps. I then click on the calendar app, which redirects me to a new calendar page, and then here I simply click on "Create" CTA to create a new meeting. A dialog box then appears where I get the option to select google video conferencing or zoom for video meetings.

zac2021

@Anand010 It looks like the Zoom Scheduler Chrome extension is still using your old GMail account. Do you remember which email address/account did you use when you first signed in to Zoom Scheduler? If you are not sure, you may need to repeat the process of removing the Zoom Scheduler Chrome extension and adding it back. When you add it back, take note on the step where you will be asked to sign in. It looks like below:

zac2021_0-1648458353748.png

When you click on the Zoom Scheduler, it will ask you to sign in. Whichever sign in method you use, please make sure that you are using the new email account.

zac2021_1-1648458567793.png

Once signed in, you should see your new email address on top of the Zoom Scheduler extension like below:

zac2021_2-1648458690971.png

If it is not showing your new email account, it could be that your Chrome is using the cached login for your old account. You may try signing out from your old account, clear cache/cookies in Chrome, close Chrome, open Chrome and sign in to your new GSuite email account then repeat the steps to remove/add Zoom Scheduler extension in Chrome.

zac2021

@Anand010 Seems that you don't need the Zoom Scheduler for Chrome. You can actually remove this. It appears that you are using the Zoom for G Suite app in Chrome. On the right corner of your Chrome browser, you should see all your Apps. Click on the Zoom for G Suite app, check that the account signed in there is your new email account, else sign out and sign in with your new email account.

Leverage cool features and how to's from the Community Help Center. If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button! ⤵️

Anand010
Listener

Hey Zac! I do remember my old id and yes, I use the zoom for G suite app on my chrome but the uninstall option appears disabled. 

Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 11.12.45 PM.png

zac2021

@Anand010 Please try steps below on your Chrome browser G Suite Calendar.

1. Click on the Zoom for G Suite App. You should see the account that is currently signed in. You will need to sign it out if you see that the account is still the old email account.

2. To sign out, click on the 3 vertical dots.

3. Click on sign-out

Please see sample snapshots below:

zac2021_0-1648492714394.png

Once the old email account is signed out from Zoom for G Suite out, click on the app icon again and this time sign in with the new email account.

Anand010
Listener

Thanks a lot @zac2021, this finally worked. Appreciate you bearing with me all this while.