cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't upload csv to pre-assign breakout rooms

Selena1
Listener

I have preped a csv file with the breakout room name and email addresses. When I drag and drop my csv to upload the list, nothing happens. Manually creating groups and adding email addresses work but the csv upload doesn't. Please help.

6 REPLIES 6

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @Selena1,

What type of device/operating system are you on, and what browser are you using?  I’ve done this before with no problem, but there’s a few things that might interfere.

One thing I recommend is to dumb down the CSV file when troubleshooting. Download the sample file, and try uploading that. If that won’t upload, look for technical issues. If it will upload, then the problem is likely in your file. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hi Ray,

Thanks for replying. I am using a macbook air m1. I downloaded the template and saved it as a csv. When I try to drag and drop or browse for the file the screen the upload window goes to the breakout assignment window but it's blank. The room names and email addresses aren't there. Any other thoughts?

Ray_Harwood

So I fired up my Mac, downloaded the CSV template, and uploaded that template, and it works as advertised.  Please verify whether or not you are using Safari for browsing, and what version of MacOS you're using.

Humor me, please?  Go back and re-download the template file, and upload the template file without editing it first.

See this video on Vimeo for what that should look like: https://vimeo.com/729703033 

Good call. I finally figured it out. I had to copy my values in my sheet and paste special text. Then I uploaded it and it worked. Even though I had saved the file as .csv, I needed to change the cell formats to text. Thanks for the help.

Ray_Harwood

Excellent! Glad you persevered and got it working. 

This happened to me too. I used the CSV template but it wouldn't upload, but when I changed the format of all columns to text (it was general) it worked fine!