cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera not working

janaj
Listener

One day, during a meeting, my video disappeared and now it is a black screen with a slash through a camera.  I have uninstalled, reinstalled several times.  I have checked camera settings in windows - which allows.  I have even updated my camera driver for my laptop.  Still not working and cannot get any answers.  Help!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue, i've subsequently added an external camera and that is just showing as a Black screen, the internal camera is not engaging at all with the zoom app, despite working in other applications. I've uninstalled and re-installed three times now, have updated drivers and i'm still not having any joys

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @janaj, are you using an internal camera on your device or an external camera through USB? I would recommend trying a new camera source or trying to see if you're experiencing the same thing through the camera app. To find the Camera app, select Start > Camera.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I'm having the same issue, i've subsequently added an external camera and that is just showing as a Black screen, the internal camera is not engaging at all with the zoom app, despite working in other applications. I've uninstalled and re-installed three times now, have updated drivers and i'm still not having any joys

I had to uninstall the camera driver and download a new one.  That fixed it.  

Hi Janaj,

Could you please tell me which one you used? Can you download it for free? Thanks

I unistalled and reinstalled the software for my camera, but I still cannot get my Canon LEOS Rebel SL3 to connect my camera to Zoom.  Any other suggestions?

ghost
Listener

i had same question

I uninstalled my camera driver on my laptop and reinstalled a fresh driver and that fixed it.  I had even updated my driver previously and it didn't work.  Only uninstalling the camera driver and reinstalling.

Did your camera work on other things besides zoom? Mine works everywhere but zoom, and I've googled and tried every setting and option but I haven't tried this.

I’m having the same problem. Did you sort yours?

I had the same problem. I tried everything possible for months and the only thing that worked was to download a previous version of Zoom that you can find for example in this web site. For me, the version that worked was the one from July 2021 5.7.4 

https://zoom-us-zoom.fr.uptodown.com/windows/versions

gnishnianidze
Listener

Hello 

The same problem here

on my Lenovo laptop with the latest update camera stopped working.

the only solution was to go back to an older version

How do I go back to the old version. I have a Lenovo laptop and mine is doing exactly the same. 

If you go to the bottom of the thread I posted some suggestions from tech support. Mine still isn't figured out, super frustrating. 

janevans
Listener

I'm experiencing the same issue

kgmiles
Listener

I am experiencing the same problem.  I had to roll back the driver to get it to work but it keeps updating and not working.  There has to be a better solution.  This is a Zoom-only problem.

JZoro5
Listener

Yes, camera is black, once it fixed itself, only quickly to die again.

JohnBates
Listener

I am having the same issue.  One week the camera video on Zoom worked fine.  The next week, the camera video is a black screen.  How do I fix this?  Please help.  Thanks.

DSpringer
Listener

I have used ZOOM multiple times each week for several months.  This last Thursday evening I could not get my camera to work.  I was "blacked out."  There is a camera icon with a diagonal line through it.  I have checked all the computer settings and they look fine.  Apparently the issue is with the ZOOM software.  Please research and repair it quickly else the ZOOM product will lose it's appeal!

sherre
Listener

Did anyone resolve this?  now we have the same problem 😞

marnisoup
Listener

Trying to figure out the same thing. The camera works on everything but zoom. If my husband logs in on his account the camera works, and he only has a free account. I can't see any setting anywhere that would make it so I would just show up with a black screen.

marnisoup
Listener

In case it helps anyone else (mine still isn't working). I've been going back and forth with tech support. Some of the suggestions have been...

- uninstall your Zoom Client using our tools cleanzoom.exe it will help to clear cache for your Zoom Client

- restart computer

- visit this link https://zoom.us/support/download to download latest version of zoom

- install that

Try everything at this article:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202952568-My-Video-Camera-Isn-t-Working

Good luck! Still figuring out my problem.

BrenL
Listener

This is so frustrating. There are a lot of requests for help with the camera but zero solutions provided.

Finally figured mine out - my anti-virus (kaperski) was blocking the camera. I saw that mentioned on a different thread.

Yes, so frustrating, but when it came down to it I was glad it was so simple. Took months to figure out!!

I had the same camera issue.  Your mention of Kaspersky anti-virus software led me in the right direction. I adjusted the camera security setting and easily resolved the issue. Thank you!!

RR3
Listener

I'm having the same issue, i've subsequently added an external camera and that is just showing as a Black screen, the internal camera is not engaging at all with the zoom app, despite working in other applications. I've uninstalled and re-installed three times now,

Hi,
when I open the zoom meeting via link, the camera does not work. No matter what I do.

BUT:

! I've tried everything else before.
- new drivers
- newly installed
- 1000 times reboot

But then !!

If I start Zoom Client (Zoom.exe) as admin, it works...

START > ZOOM > run as administrator

Dave7
Listener

This short YT video showed me how to fix my same problem with my Windows camera and then an external camera I bought- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMMDewbmuqg. - How To Uninstall and Reinstall Camera App In Windows 10

Basically needed to uninstall/reinstall the Windows camera through the steps given. I wish I had seen this 3 weeks ago, and saved myself $40 buying a new camera.  🙂  Anyway, working now. Woot!

lindats
Listener

i had to attend the meetings on the explorer browser not chrome...