cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic alternative host set when creating meeting through google calendar

iju
Listener

I use the zoom/google calendar extension on firefox. When I create a zoom meeting through google calendar, a coworker of mine is always automatically added as an alternative host. How can I prevent this? He keeps getting emails about meetings that are not relevant for him.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Professor_Zoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @iju ,

I have witnessed the same thing when using the zoom/google calendar extension in the Chrome browser.  The way I was able to fix it, was to click the schedule button and schedule a "fake" meeting.  When the "Schedule Options" box pops up, scroll to the bottom where you enter the Alternative Hosts email address.  You will likely see your coworker's email address there.  Simply remove it, and then save/schedule that "fake" meeting.  The next time you schedule a meeting, the Alternative Host box should be blank.  It seems to save whatever you did last... indefinitely.  Hopefully this helps.

Professor_Zoom_0-1680213016767.jpeg

-Professor_Zoom

View solution in original post

iju
Listener

Thank you for the solve! I was actually able to get to the options page from my zoom browser extension, by clicking on the Gear icon in the top right:

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 3.11.39 PM.png

From there, I followed your instructions and fixed the problem. Thanks again!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Professor_Zoom

Hi @iju ,

I have witnessed the same thing when using the zoom/google calendar extension in the Chrome browser.  The way I was able to fix it, was to click the schedule button and schedule a "fake" meeting.  When the "Schedule Options" box pops up, scroll to the bottom where you enter the Alternative Hosts email address.  You will likely see your coworker's email address there.  Simply remove it, and then save/schedule that "fake" meeting.  The next time you schedule a meeting, the Alternative Host box should be blank.  It seems to save whatever you did last... indefinitely.  Hopefully this helps.

Professor_Zoom_0-1680213016767.jpeg

-Professor_Zoom

iju
Listener

Thank you for the solve! I was actually able to get to the options page from my zoom browser extension, by clicking on the Gear icon in the top right:

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 3.11.39 PM.png

From there, I followed your instructions and fixed the problem. Thanks again!