Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio speaker is not working at all

talamit
Listener

Hi,
my zoom app is on LENOVO IDEAPAD L340
my zoom version is the latest - 5.14.5

The zoom is not able to use the speakers , so I don't hear anything at all but other people can hear me. tried everything to make it work including reinstall zoom and restart computer, the speaker seems to work fine (able to play music, able to make a teams conversation) . The speaker test is not playing sound at all, even if i connect headphones to the computer. but again other apps can use it. 

the problem is just in zoom app. plz help
thanks

4 REPLIES 4

adamtiegs
Listener

I am having the same issue.  I might try to call support.  

Ka671
Listener

Thanks at advance and I'll talk 

jasiccabrend
Listener

@talamit wrote:

Hi,
my zoom app is on LENOVO IDEAPAD L340
my zoom version is the latest - 5.14.5

The zoom is not able to use the speakers , so I don't hear anything at all but other people from my Hms victory ship model company can hear me. tried everything to make it work including reinstall zoom and restart computer, the speaker seems to work fine (able to play music, able to make a teams conversation) . The speaker test is not playing sound at all, even if i connect headphones to the computer. but again other apps can use it. 

the problem is just in zoom app. plz help
thanks

1. Check your Zoom settings. Make sure that your phone's ringer is turned on and that the Zoom app is allowed to send notifications. You can also check to see if you have any custom settings enabled that might be preventing the app from ringing.
  2. Restart your phone. This can often fix minor software glitches.
  3. Try using a different audio device. If you're using a Bluetooth headset or speaker, try connecting your phone to a different audio device, or vice versa.
  4. Update the Zoom app. Make sure that you're using the latest version of the Zoom app.
  5. Contact Zoom support. If you're still having problems, contact Zoom support for help.

Here are some additional troubleshooting tips that you can try:

• Make sure that your phone's time zone is set correctly.
  • Make sure that you're not in Do Not Disturb mode.
  • Check to see if you have any other apps installed that might be interfering with Zoom notifications.
  • Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Zoom app.
  • Try resetting your phone's network settings.

I have exactly the same issue.  And, by the way, i don't believe i saw a reference to a 'phone' in the original post. So why so much advice about using a phone?

Geek squad just spent a couple hours looking for this problem including reinstalling sound drivers and zoom and rebooting the lenovo (Yoga 710 in my case). I had rebooted and reinstalled zoom as well. No change.

Looks like lenovo has a problem???