cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Audio Problems (Spotify not working when in Zoom meeting when using wireless earphones)

User823
Listener

Hey guys! Can I ask for help? My Spotify music keeps getting cut off (muted) whenever I'm in a zoom meeting and using my wireless earphones. Music and Zoom audio works fine together when using Laptop audio and Wired Earphones, but not on Wireless. Wireless still plays music (Spotify) when using G-meet, but not Zoom. All other sounds get cut off when Zoom Application connects to the wireless earphones. Please help

Details:

Location - Philippines
Account Type -Standard

Audio Source - Wireless Earphones

Laptop & OS - HP Laptop using Windows 10

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Warollin
Listener

I was having the same issue and found out zoom was putting all audio into my headset settings.  I changed spotify to use the same output and my music came back without sharing inside zoom.
Right click speaker icon near windows 10 clock, left click on Open Sound Settings, then left click on App Volume and Device preferences change spotify from default to your headset settings.  I'm using SkullCandy Hesh ANC wireless headphones.  Hope this helps others!

View solution in original post

_Nyx_
Listener

okay so I figured out how to fix this since you're using wireless it tends to prioritize Zoom if you get what I mean, so to fix this all you have to do is that while you're in zoom meeting go to your audio settings (the one with the microphone icon and beside is a small arrow press that arrow) then you just have to change your speaker/microphone device to the laptop's speaker (or another device if you have) 

what will happen if you do this is that you will hear zoom in your laptop speaker (or other devices) and you will hear spotify, youtube and etc in your wireless earphones hope this helps! please do update me if it doesn't work
(the picture shows where you will change the speaker and stuff)

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@User823 

Can you please try turning the Zoom audio suppression to low in the audio settings and see if that helps.  There are some cases where the wireless earphones have noise suppression, and in competes with the Zoom suppression.  (Usually it is garbled, but this would be worth a try).

@colegs yes thanks for the info. I tried it but it still doesn't work so do you have any other suggestions? By the way, it said that it will not treat music as a background noise. Does that like mean music from outside or music from laptop?

User823_0-1646211667584.png

colegs

@User823 , Not sure what else might be happening since it works with all other headphone solutions.  Can you tell me what type of wireless earphones you are using?  I can see if anyone else has reported an issue.

And for not treating music as background noise, that would be what it picks up on the microphone.  Technically, that can be either on your computer if playing through speakers, or ambient music outside of the computer.

@colegs i am having the same problem.

i have a JBL TUNE 710BT 

kkabbani
Listener

I'm having the same issue and my business is relying on the feature of sharing my music over a zoom call. This really sucks  and it's stopping me from performing my work! Any solutions Zoom Team?!

me too!

dcam
Listener

i am having the same problem. did you ever find a solution?

Warollin
Listener

I was having the same issue and found out zoom was putting all audio into my headset settings.  I changed spotify to use the same output and my music came back without sharing inside zoom.
Right click speaker icon near windows 10 clock, left click on Open Sound Settings, then left click on App Volume and Device preferences change spotify from default to your headset settings.  I'm using SkullCandy Hesh ANC wireless headphones.  Hope this helps others!

unfortunately for me, once i left click to get in to "App Volume and Device Preferences", Spotify is not an option for me; only app volume, chrome, and zoom meetings". also the computer i was using was using windows 11 (laptop). i ended up just returning the laptop because it was bothering me so much ...plus i only needed it for travelling. back on my home desktop workstation using windows 10 it's not an issue and i do see on my end that the "Chrome" settings through which i'm streaming Spotify is set to "default"

legend

Unfortunately, it doesn't. I don't buy that this is a normal thing with video conferencing applications. As I also use Discord at work and we can have a video call with 6+ users and everything is crystal clear. This is a Zoom issue. 

willjoe2442
Participant

Under Advanced you will see 3 options. Select the Computer Sound Only option. You will see this at the top of your zoom screen indicating that you are sharing your audio. Now that you are sharing the computer sound, you can play music in your favourite music player (Spotify, Apple Music, etc.)

Regards,

Diana

_Nyx_
Listener

okay so I figured out how to fix this since you're using wireless it tends to prioritize Zoom if you get what I mean, so to fix this all you have to do is that while you're in zoom meeting go to your audio settings (the one with the microphone icon and beside is a small arrow press that arrow) then you just have to change your speaker/microphone device to the laptop's speaker (or another device if you have) 

what will happen if you do this is that you will hear zoom in your laptop speaker (or other devices) and you will hear spotify, youtube and etc in your wireless earphones hope this helps! please do update me if it doesn't work
(the picture shows where you will change the speaker and stuff)

christinegibben
Listener

If you're experiencing audio problems with Spotify not working while using wireless earphones during a Zoom meeting, there could be a few potential causes and troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check your audio settings: Ensure that your wireless earphones are selected as the default audio output device in both Zoom and your computer's sound settings. Sometimes, the audio output may be directed to a different device, causing Spotify not to play through your earphones.

2. Restart Spotify and Zoom: Close both Spotify and Zoom completely, then reopen them. This can help refresh their connections and resolve any temporary glitches.

3. Check for conflicting audio applications: Make sure that there are no other audio applications running in the background that could interfere with Spotify or Zoom. Close any unnecessary apps that may be using your audio output.

4. Update your drivers: Make sure your wireless earphones are properly connected and that you have the latest drivers installed for your audio device. Visit the manufacturer's website or use the appropriate software to check for any available updates.

5. Test with a different audio source: Try playing audio from another source, such as a YouTube video or a local media file, to see if the issue is specific to Spotify or if it affects other applications as well. This can help narrow down the problem.

6. Use wired earphones: If possible, try using wired earphones instead of wireless ones to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem lies with the wireless connection or with Spotify itself.

7. Restart your computer: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve various software-related issues. Restart your computer and see if the audio problem persists afterward.

If none of these steps solve the issue, it may be necessary to seek further technical support from the respective manufacturers of your wireless earphones or contact Spotify and Zoom support for more specific troubleshooting assistance.

zeatane
Listener

I'm having the same problem and I'm desperate

jamesmurdock
Listener

Hey Everyone,

Need some tech advice here. So, I've noticed a weird issue ā€“ whenever I'm jamming to Spotify during a Zoom meeting with my wireless earphones, the music keeps cutting off, but only with Zoom and not other platforms like G-meet. It's bizarre because everything works smoothly with laptop audio and wired earphones. Any ideas on how to fix this? Would really appreciate the help! By the way, if you've had similar problems or have a fix, let me know. Also, on a related note, anyone tried using Spotify Appvalley? Worth checking out?

Thanks in advance!