cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio HELP! first time using zoom to teach (disaster!)

Wild
Listener

How do you navigate playing music + be heard speaking - to pause music + voice be heard only...?
 The only way I could navigate how to work this was:
1. I played Spotify through Mac + had the Settings under Audio Profile clicked on LOW (faint background sound)
2. When I needed to speak I had the Settings under Audio Profile clicked on HIGH (background speech)Is this how you do it?
This Settings box was minimised on the bottom of the screen along with spotify!!!
Im not tech savvy but any tips please...
  Also if anyone any great advise on maybe that I need a headset as mac speakers not good with zoom when playing music? Any recommendations for a hands free one (which is versatile to be used away from zoom too (not connected to speaker) but a small amplifier?)

1 REPLY 1

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi wild,

maybe this zoom support article will help.

How to play audio or music without sharing your screen
While in a meeting you can play any sound your computer makes, which means if you play a local or online music track on your computer, that track will be played in your meeting as well. To share audio or music without sharing your screen while in a meeting do the following.

Start or join a Zoom meeting.
Click on Share Screen on the meeting toolbar.
Click the Advanced tab of the sharing window.
Click the Computer Audio option.
(Optional) Select the down arrow in the bottom-right corner of the Computer Audio option to view additional audio options to switch between Mono and Stereo (high fidelity) for the audio shared in the meeting.
Click on Share in the bottom-right corner to begin sharing your device's audio.

How to control the volume of a shared sound while in a meeting
To control the sound you are sharing directly into the Zoom meeting through share, you must adjust the volume from the application playing the sound or the overall device volume directly. For example, if you play YouTube and share that audio into the meeting, you should adjust the volume on YouTube directly. You can also adjust the overall volume on your device settings, but this will also affect the audio coming out of Zoom.

Sharing computer sound in a screen share – Zoom Support

thanks,  eliot