cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody else having problem with Logitech webcam with the new update on MacBook Monterey?

RR2
Attendee
126 REPLIES 126

Robyn
Listener

I uninstalled the current Zoom version and reinstalled version 5.7.8 and problem solved.  Use google to find downloads of previous Zoom versions.  My version of Zoom was fine and then the problem occurred when I upgraded.

I tried this, but it didn't solve the problem.

Vitali
Listener

Still same issues with 5.9.1 

Could not downgrade to 5..7.8 as suggested above, not sure why but the installation package installed latest version even though i didnt ask for it. 

avidan
Listener

just so the zoom folks realize how prevalent this issue is, just chiming in that i have the exact same issue

wiffle
Listener

yup same issue here.. c922

swind
Listener

I'm also getting chronic flickering issues.

- macOS Monterey 12.1

- Zoom 5.9.1

- Logitech C920 HD Pro Webcam.

The LogiTune workaround didn't solve it for me 😞. Disabling HD in Zoom video settings works for a short time but is inconsistent.

Please don't make me go back to the cruddy FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in)!

jxr1001000
Listener

Same issue, Logitech c922, Zoom v 5.9.1, MacOS Monterey 12.1, MacBookPro 16" 2019

axyzb
Listener

I can't believe that it's a known issue and Zoom doesn't want to solve it! Just got my C925e, I thought something's wrong with the camera, but it's just zoom! I discovered on my own that running Logi Tune fixes it (even just running FaceTime at the same time fixes the issue), but it's such a silly workaround! @Anonymous seriously, these are very popular webcams!

axyzb
Listener

I noticed in OBS that the same problem arises when I choose 1280x720 resolution for the camera; it's fixed when I choose 1920x1080. So it would seem that zoom defaults to 720p, while other apps use full 1080p resolution of the camera.

mrtndnstrvll
Listener

Chiming in to add that having the same issues as reported here. 

• Logitech C925e
  • M1 MacMini running Monterey 12.1
  • Zoom 5.9.1
  • Corporate Zoom Pro account

The issue temporarily resolves when I run Logitune, as others have found - as long as I actively open Logitune, and select the video tab. This is despite adding Logitune to my startup applications. 

JML613
Listener

MacBook Air 2019; c920 logitech camera, connected via hub - all worked perfectly til Monterey upgrade. Now jitter-fest, unreliable video.  Chiming in to say problem still exists

JohnKG
Listener

Yes me too, having problems ever since the Monterey update. I have a Logitech C930e keeps on freezing on Zoom calls. Very frustrating. Zoom is up to date. Camera drivers are up to date.

JacobB
Listener

Same issue with Logitech C925e, only after upgrading to Monterey. I have three C925e cameras I have experienced the same issue with, all tested against the same computer with multiple versions of Zoom. It does not appears to be a USB 2.0 or hub issue, since I experience the same issue when connected to a hub or directly connected to the laptop.

The video is very blurry whenever Zoom initiates the camera, constantly struggling to maintain focus. If you open any other application that properly uses the webcam AFTER starting your video on zoom, it fixes it (LogiTune, Facetime, Photobooth, etc.). Even if you have the other application open when you start Zoom, turning the camera on in Zoom causes the video to return to its faulty and unfocused state. Issue does not occur in Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, Slack, etc.

This is the exact behaviour. There has been several releases of Zoom since Monterey, none of these releases have adressed this issue.

Vitali
Listener

Have submitted this as a bug report to Zoom. But not sure if anybody is reading those. Its been months. 

Can you provide a link to the bug report? Is it something we can upvote?

RR2
Attendee

Well, it’s been months and nothing has changed. I don’t know if Zoom sees this? We’ve had zoom updates ever since Monterey but other than that is there anyway that we can pass this along to them? Can we at least have an assurance that this will be fixed?

nickv
Listener

This thread only has 9 upvotes but 51 replies? How many of us have filed bug reports and/or contacted Zoom directly? I suspect that the only way to hope for action on this issue will be for most/all of us to waste a lot of our time bugging Zoom about it. I doubt they actively read these threads...

DavidWessel
Listener

I have had lots of back and forth with Zoom support but no solution. 
My problem was that when using MacBook Air and Logitech camera, the videos was marred by frequent flashes but only when I checked the HD box.  So I simply unchecked that and no recurrence. Zoom suggested I log onto the Zoom website and check "Group HD" in settings. I did. I don't think I get HD quality that way though.  I don't have this problem when using an HP Windows machine and the Logitech camera.  

nickv
Listener

Here's the content of my most recent support ticket... feel free to copy it and file your own ticket:

Hello,

There are numerous reports in of poor video quality with Logitech cameras using recent Zoom versions (including v5.9.1) on macOS Monterey 12.x.x.

The issue has been narrowed down to be a Zoom-specific issue by multiple people, who have all confirmed that their cameras work correctly in all other (non-Zoom) apps.

Cameras that are known to be affected by this bug are: Logitech C920, C922, C925, C925e. You can find details about other people this bug is affecting in these threads:

One workaround to temporarily correct the poor video quality is to open another app that uses the camera (e.g. Logitune, facetime, photobooth) while Zoom is also using it. Doing this somehow forces the camera back into it's correct high-definition mode for the duration of the Zoom call. Once the camera is turned off, the process has to be repeated again next time Zoom is used.

Although multiple people have succeeded in using the workaround mentioned above, it is a hack and an inconvenience to Zoom users. Please provide an update on if/when Zoom intends to address and properly fix this issue.

Thank you,

Sometimes calling attention to a problem like this via Twitter (@Zoom) gets their attention

robcresswell
Listener

I've been in contact with Zoom support too, and they said they're aware of it, but that was two months ago. I have no idea why they wont fix this. Must be affecting thousands of users by now, these cameras are really common.

RR2
Attendee

If they’re aware of it and it’s been 2 months since the first incident then there’s nothing really we can do but wait. Hoping that this will be asap. 

mudeford
Listener

same old story here...Monterey + Logitech c925e and ONLY ZOOM can't do HD

boomalley
Listener

Piling on here to keep this issue top of mind.

MacBook Pro

macOS Monterey v12.2

Logitech C922

Zoom v 5.9.3 (4239)

Same blurry issue everyone else is reporting

mateherber
Listener

Same here with C925e, pretty annoying 🤦🏻

nickv
Listener

FYI- In response to my ticket, zoom has indicated that they're aware of this problem and are working on it. I received these responses:
---
"Also, upon the further check, we are currently having issues with Logitech cameras but rest assured that our engineers are already working to resolve the issue."
---
"Thank you for your patience with this ticket. Our engineers are still working to resolve the issue. Rest assured that we'll let you know once this has been resolved. Thank you for your understanding!"

Thanks for the update @nickv! It's good to know that they're aware of the issue and are working on a resolution.

How long has it been? Me, still barking on the same tree without reply and chatting with clueless tech support.

kweston
Listener

Also chiming in, same exact issue as everyone describes here. Need to open facetime every time I need to use Zoom!

avi85
Listener

I'm seeing the same issue. Tried a side by side c925e / c920 and seems like this only happens on c925 and partially gets fixed by turning on facetime or Logitune. Macos Monterey.

KiwiGeoff
Listener

Same issue here - only started to happen with upgrade to Monterey, partially fixed when loading LogiTune when the camera is connected, ONLY happens in Zoom

NickLee
Listener

Having the same issue as above on both a 2017 MBP and a brand new 14" MBP using a logitech C920.

Microsoft teams, facetime and slack video calls all work fine, it's just Zoom that's affected. Video quality seems to be about as low as possible.

The logitune workaround fixes this, however it's a massive pain having to run third party software just for this zoom issue.

I've been experiencing this issue for months now, any updates on when a fix might be avaliable? All of the other video applications don't seem to have the problem.

robcresswell
Listener

@NickLee I've had multiple tickets open and they refuse to acknowledge the problem. I've pointed them to this thread and they won't listen.

I bought a new webcam in the end, sadly.

NickLee
Listener

I've just tested with a logitech C922 too, same issue.

Listener

Same issue with C925e.

matusp
Listener

Same issue with Logitech C925e & MacOS Monterey.

I found a way how to fix this by running logiTune next to Zoom - the camera works in such a case. 

This was reported 4 months ago and still no fix on Zoom side. I would suggest to reach out to Zoom support: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000996591

KiwiGeoff
Listener

Finally had my ticket responded to by zoom support - logged it under my work account so hopefully that might add some weight to the issue

went thru the usual

- uninstall/reinstall

- reboot

- update camera firmware

Pointed them to this thread - no one seems interested in understanding the size of the issue.

can’t wait for a fix so went and purchased a non Logitech camera which as expected works perfectly.

lukeman
Listener

Same issue. C922, started with Monterey, only an issue in Zoom. Camera is plugged directly in to my Mac.

Listener

Same issue here with C922 Pro!