cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASL interpreter needs audio dial in

SMGettysArt
Listener

I have read 2 hours of your supposed help resources. all interpreter language info is for hearing to hearing spoken language interpreters. great. what about the deaf? 

zoom used to automatically include audio dial in numbers in the invite info. It did not today. is this going to continue? I looked and this may be because I was told it's illegal for you to force deaf people to pay for a pro account just to get access to basic free meetings plus the audio dial in number for the ASL interpreters. I have a VP that automatically connects me to an interpreter at no cost to you or I but it requires i input a phone number. so now that you stopped  charging me is that why suddenly the number isn't there? How do I get this number? My coworker also could not find the number. This wasted half our meeting and finally we  just typed back and forth. MUCH Better meeting with an ASL interpreter. 

Tried using your chat help and the bot has ZERO info on anything deaf or ASL or sign language or audio dial in related so I can't find the info i'm looking for. tried to ask for a live person and zoom customer service sucks. now that i am no longer paying you for a pro account JUST TO GET THE SAME BASIC ACCESS AS HEARING PEOPLE with FREE accounts, suddenly I can't speak with a live representative. 

WOW do better. over2 hours of my day wasted 12 months of paying for a pro account I didn't use except to get access to the number my ASL interpreter needs to dial in for interpreting that YOU don't even pay for. I'm super close to filing a legal complaint against zoom at this point. I was told this issue was corrected You really should pay back all we deaf who paid for pro accounts and you should have help info about these issues not just spoken language interpreting.  Sorry for repeating myself but you waste my time I feel free to waste yours.  This is affecting my relationships with those in my field and attempts to communicate. I'm having to settle for at the best automatic captions (which are often incorrect)  but in a one on one meeting havign to type back and forth with my coworkers is NOT ideal. Especially when it's FREE to get sign language interpreters if you just give me the freaking audio dial in information.

Anyone know how to get around this BS? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@codenut - Sorry about that!  The email address is 'access @ zoom.us' without the spaces.  For more information, please go to https://explore.zoom.us/en/accessibility/.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

colegs

@SMGettysArt , sorry for all of the frustration you go through.  As my daughter is an ASL Interpreter, this hits close to home for me.  Please reach out to *********** and they can provide you with numbers that you can use for VR services.

If this resolves your issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" below.

Hi @colegs  I need this too. Can you please tell me who to contact? The email address above is hidden.

colegs

@codenut - Sorry about that!  The email address is 'access @ zoom.us' without the spaces.  For more information, please go to https://explore.zoom.us/en/accessibility/.