cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 minute wait restriction

mistermetser
Listener

I encountered something new in a zoom meeting yesterday. After my initial 40 minute meeting ended due to the time limit, I was unable restart the meeting and had to wait 10 minutes. I did just install an update this morning; is this update correcting this problem or can I expect this issue to continue?

8 REPLIES 8

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @mistermetser 

I can't find a reference to the wait time in any Zoom Support documents, but a response to this post from a Zoom staff member seems to indicate that the wait time is in place -- not an error.

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Enforcing-10-minute-wait-time-before-you-can-re-enter-and-hos...

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

vicarage
Listener

This restriction means we will stop using Zoom for our charity committee meetings. Perhaps its what Zoom wants?

mistermetser
Listener

I agree. It appears Zoom's business plan involves getting rid of free accounts...

darthvinson
Listener

Same thing happened to me on Saturday (29/4) but i thought it might have been because I'd travelled to a different country and hosted a video chat from there instead. 

If it's a new restriction I'll be cancelling my Zoom account too. 

Ray_Harwood

This should only happen on Basic (free) accounts. There are many people who will take undue advantage of a free service offering. To ensure that the free services don’t significantly impact the service for paying customers, restrictions are put in place to regulate the amount of free service available. 

There are many options out there other than Zoom for you to choose from, but also consider upgrading to a Licensed (paid) Zoom account which allows a meeting duration of 30 hours. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

mistermetser
Listener

Ray,

I think Zoom, the business can do whatever it wants. The impact will be to have those of us who don't want to pay move to other services like Google Meet which is what I've done. It's a business choice that it appears Zoom has made and unless they reverse this position, my choice is to no longer use their service.

shamash1j
Listener

If you're experiencing a 10-minute wait restriction, it's possible that the host has set the Waiting Room to admit participants after 10 minutes. To join the meeting, you will need to wait until the host admits you or sends you a direct invitation to join the meeting.

Alternatively, you can contact the meeting host or the organizer to find out if there is any issue with the meeting or if they can let you in earlier.

heyheyzoomer
Listener

Wait time is still in effect.

Hey ZOOM, are you going to change back to zero wait time?

Are you not following "Marketing 101" where free accounts can lead to paid accounts ?

Going to look for another app with no wait time issue.