is their an app for that ?

Thank you

Simcha

6 REPLIES 6

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @mishkan / Simcha,

Look at the Recording Options in your profile: Personal -> Settings -> Recording.  Under Cloud Recording, look for these options:

Ray_Harwood_0-1663850556977.png

Zoom will create separate MP4 files, one with only Speaker View, one with only Gallery View, and one (as you requested) only as the Shared Screen view.  You could uncheck the Active speaker and Gallery view options if you don't need them.

When you look at the recording in Personal -> Recordings, you'll see something like this:

Ray_Harwood_1-1663850734225.png

You can download these files together or separately.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hi Ray 

I know about that option in the cloud 

I am lookig for one in the local recording 

Ray_Harwood

Ah, sorry - I was confused by your reference to the Cloud recording.  My mistake!

Do you NOT want the Shared Screen to be shown?  There is no option for that on the Local Recording.  When there is Screen Sharing going on, the shared screen is always recorded.

Do you want ONLY the Shared Screen and not the presenter's camera video?  This is possible, as explained here:

Look in your Zoom Client for Settings -> Recording tab:

Ray_Harwood_0-1663852893316.png

UNCHECK the Record video during screen sharing checkbox.  I know this seems counter-intuitive, since you WANT the video from the Screen Share.  But the "video" referred to here is the attendee camera video.

You might be able to record only a speaker or gallery view using a third party app like OBS (free program) to capture that part of your computer display that you want recorded.  Other than that, you'd probably need to record in the Zoom Cloud, which requires a paid account.

Hi Ray 

Thank you 

For your advice. 

I need only the video not the shared screen ,so it wouldn't work.

Another solution that maybe you know of is there a way while going live to chose not to see the shared screen or to  share live only in the translation channel?

Thank you

Simcha

Ray_Harwood

If you don't need a shared screen, don't share it.  But if there's a Shared Screen, it looks like a Local Zoom Recording is going to record it.

You can make a Feature Request to Zoom to allow an option where Shared Screens do not get recorded, but I'm guessing this might not get high priority, since I think most people really want the Share Screen recorded.

Feature Request: https://www.zoom.us/feed 

I want that their will be a choice...

Yes i have asked for this feature for many times...

Thank you