cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Automatically add Zoom meeting info to Google Calendar

krboots
Listener

We are paid users for both Google & Zoom. We have turned off Google Meet in our Google Workspace Calendar settings. Now when setting up a meeting, the Google Meet button is gone, but we have to physically click the  'Make it a Zoom Meeting' button to add the Zoom info to our Google calendar invites. This is an unnecessary step our users have to remember when setting up meetings. 

Is there a way to automatically add Zoom Meetings to Google calendar events without having to click the 'Make it a Zoom Meeting' button? I've searched forums to no avail so hoping someone has some guidance they can share to enable us to be as efficient as possible when we're scheduling meetings. 

6 REPLIES 6

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @krboots, look into our KB on Setting Zoom as default for Google calendar and let me know if that helps? 

āŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆ
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? āž”ļø Check it out!

Thank you for your response, however that doesn't exactly answer my question. I've already executed the steps you've provided. My question is how do I eliminate the need for users to remember to always have to click the button to "Make it a Zoom meeting" when setting up meetings. Why does the Zoom info not automatically populate into the event without the need for users to remember to hit the button to "Make it a Zoom meeting"? 

Does this functionality exist? Or do users always have to remember to take the extra step to click the button to add the Zoom info to the meeting? 

I've included another screenshot for reference.

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Unfortunately, I do not believe this is currently possible with Google Calendar. This would likely need to be an enhancement that Google would implement, as Zoom only integrates with their services. 

This really comes down to the integration Google calendar has. There are a range of options for scheduling Zoom meetings that would remove the extra step of having to add the info to your calendar. Looking through the Zoom marketplace one option is Salepager, which lets you schedule Zoom meetings and add them automatically to your calendar. It's worth evaluating your specific needs when choosing.

krboots
Listener

@Bort Thank you for your response and help. Even though it's not the outcome I'd hope for, I appreciate the clarity in knowing I didn't execute a setup step wrong. šŸ™‚ 

Vipin_K
Listener

Not exactly what you are looking for but the Zoom Chrome extension my be helpful - https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201974323-Using-the-Zoom-Chrome-Extension