cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with multiple cloud recordings with certain settings enabled

nwang1
Listener

An instructor has been having issues with multiple Zoom cloud recordings appearing after their lectures. They hypothesized that it might be related to multiple participants joining and leaving the meeting.

After some testing was done on my part, I concluded that the multiple Zoom cloud recordings have to do with the "Enable join before host" and "Record the meeting automatically" options enabled. A new recording ends up being generated each time a participant joins and ends the meeting, before the host joins. 

The instructor still wants these two meeting options to be enabled, so I am wondering if there is a way to have just one cloud recording even with these options enabled?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

There is an option on the Join Before Host setting to limit the amount of time in advance that someone other than the host can "start" the meeting:

Ray_Harwood_0-1665072335943.png

I recommend using the 15 minute selection. but if this continues to be an issue, set it to 5 minutes.  Often times attendees get there a few minutes early and stay... but the ones who get there and either realize they had the wrong time or that they're wayyyy early for the meeting, those leave and end up creating the phantom short recording.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !