cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webinar: How can we automatically spotlight with gallery

tfield98
Listener

We're having difficulty figuring out how to set up a webinar where the panelists are live video and audio across the top of the screen and whoever is speaking is automatically spotlit.  The number of options Zoom offers for this is confusing. Any suggestions?

tfield98_0-1678747638630.png

3 REPLIES 3

tfield98
Listener

Just to clarify.  The screen capture above is what we want, with the person in the large image always being the person who is speaking.  

ZoomZoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

By default, anyone who speaks is automatically spotlighted, no need to do anything else except to tell others maybe to shut up or simply mute them until it is their turn. 

But you can also force the spotlight to other panelists if you want. But I would advise to keep it simple initially, and do a lot of testing, so you and your participants will have an idea of what to expect.

For more information: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362653-Spotlighting-participants-videos 

If this answer helps you, please hit the “Accept as Solution” button.
Thank you,

ZzZz

tfield98
Listener

Thank you ZzZz for your response.  I want the speaker to be highlighted and I want them to appear large and centered in the window, rather than in the gallery.  Is that possible?