cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Zoom For Hybrid Event Registration

KFlutterby
Listener

Let's face it -- hybrid events are here to stay 😷 🖥and I am on a fast learning curve to seamlessly blend virtual and in-person event experiences, from registration, ticketing and attendee emails, to day-of-show and post-show. Currently, I am exploring hybrid event registration and so far am not impressed -- this really needs to be an easy, seamless process for attendees (whether in-person or virtual) and easy to set up/manage for event planners. I am aware of event registration platforms that can integrate with Zoom (such as Eventbrite), but this seems clunky/complicated and has too much potential for error/confusion. Ultimately, I would prefer to be able to set up/manage hybrid event registration for both in-person and virtual attendees solely on the Zoom platform. Additionally, my organization has an enterprise-level license with Zoom and it would be ideal to have an all-inclusive Zoom solution for the endless stream of hybrid event requests that I am fielding from across my organization of more than 25k employees. I welcome any comments, insights, experiences on this topic and also invite Zoom (or anyone with info on this) to comment on whether an all inclusive, on-platform solution for this is in the works. 🙏 

7 REPLIES 7

Alex_PFT
Participant | Zoom Partner

Hi,

Did you looked at zoom events?  I haven't played with it myself, but one of my colleague did and it's better if you have a series of events, and if you need ticketing. 

Zoom Events - Virtual Events Platform | Zoom

Alex

zoom@pft

Thanks for your reply. I have not yet played around in Zoom Events (but would love to get access to it so I can check it out). It is my understanding (which may not be correct) that Zoom Events is not set up to manage registrations for in-person attendees. For example, Zoom registration settings do not include an option to select "attend in person"  -- which would then need to generate a separate series of emails for the in-person audience (registration confirmation, reminder emails, etc with messaging for in-person attendees).  

Alex_PFT

You can probably use 2 types of tickets, one for virtual and one for in person. I know you can have different types of tickets, paid, free, e.t.c. with different descriptions. But I'm not sure about the follow up email, if it's customizable for the different tickets. 

Alex

zoom@pft

abo020
Listener

Zoom events team can give you a 2 weeks trial access.  I tested it and you can use different types of tickets to satisfy your need. 

however, zoom events system default to allow people to opt out of filling in the registration form which is an huge issue.  For that reason, we opt out of using zoom events.  Read this thread https://community.zoom.com/t5/OnZoom/disable-opt-out-of-registration-form-on-zoom-events/m-p/45311

bkwhitley
Listener

Update: 

Figured out my own question below: In zoom events, under tickets, you click the "+add ticket" and then can create your own name. (eg In-Person  and Virtual) and set the limits for attendees there. 

Original Post:

Any updates on this? Are there directions on how to set up different ticket types? I keep seeing talk of "tracks" for sessions and ticket types, but no tangible directions. We are hosting a small one day conference where attendees can attend all of the sessions either in person or virtual. We need to see who is in person (to limit capacity and give the speakers a heads up), but I am having a hard time figuring out how to set up our tickets to make that work.  Essentially, I need a way to track how many folk want to attend a session in person and how many just want virtual.

Alex_PFT

Exactly, the procedure is here if anyone else is interested (see tickets tab at the bottom of the page):

Creating a Zoom Events conference – Zoom Support

Alex

zoom@pft

korischneider
Listener

We are in the same position with hybrid events.  We would love to track registrations and their option to attend in-person and on Zoom in one place.    We tried Zoom events after it was released, but it didn't help with the hybrid events at that time.