cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket Prices

Aneri
Listener

We're in the process of organizing a conference in zoom events that's scheduled to take place in a few months. Given that we'll need to continually update things leading up to and during the event, I have a question regarding ticket details. Specifically, I'm wondering if it's possible to edit ticket prices even after the conference has started.

Is there a possibility that ticket prices might get locked at a certain point before or during the conference, preventing any further edits? We're keen to understand if there are any restrictions on modifying ticket prices and how we can go about making these changes if needed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Aneri.

I ran a test several months ago, and I was able to make changes after publishing, and changes did not affect tickets already purchased.  With all the changes Zoom makes each month, it's possible that something might have changed.  But if you look at this Zoom Support article, you're probably okay:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/13866622167053-Editing-event-details-for-Zoom-Events

Personally, I've advised a few clients to make distinct tickets, such as "Early Bird" and "General Admission" prices, with non-overlapping availability dates.  That could help manage reporting/analysis of any price changes after the event is over.

Once upon a time, there weren't many things you could change after publishing, but that's gotten a lot better over the last year or so.  Still, I highly recommend setting up a test event to try things out before using them in production.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Aneri.

I ran a test several months ago, and I was able to make changes after publishing, and changes did not affect tickets already purchased.  With all the changes Zoom makes each month, it's possible that something might have changed.  But if you look at this Zoom Support article, you're probably okay:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/13866622167053-Editing-event-details-for-Zoom-Events

Personally, I've advised a few clients to make distinct tickets, such as "Early Bird" and "General Admission" prices, with non-overlapping availability dates.  That could help manage reporting/analysis of any price changes after the event is over.

Once upon a time, there weren't many things you could change after publishing, but that's gotten a lot better over the last year or so.  Still, I highly recommend setting up a test event to try things out before using them in production.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !