cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove speaker box during screen-share presentation?

GANYC
Listener
For those who regularly leads Zoom webinars, when the speaker is screen-sharing, it usually looks like this to the attendees... with the screen-shared material taking up most of the screen, and the speaker camera in the corner.
Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 2.53.41 PM.png

I believe there is a setting that the host can do to remove that box, and just have the entire screen be the screen-shared presentation.

Does anyone know what that setting is? Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nancyc
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi Ganyc,

I found your setting.  If you would please test and let me know if it worked.  Please check out this documentation.  Managing-attendees-panelists-in-webinar   Look at the bottom of the doc under Attendee view controls.  Also, please checkout the screen shot attached.  By choosing standard view, the video panels of the Host and Participants should be removed from your screen share.  

I hope this works for you.  If it does, please mark as solution accepted so others may benefit from it. 

Thank you!

Nancy

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

nancyc

Hi Ganyc,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Community!  I believe you will find your answer in this support article:  Video-layout-options-while-screen-sharing 

If this helps please consider marking as solution accepted so others can find their answers quickly. 

Thank you,

Nancy

Hi. Unless I did it wrong, nothing on that page worked.

These settings on that page seem to be about how the speakers appear when addressing a webinar.

To clarify, I will be the host of a webinar. I want to screen-share a recorded video. I want to make my box (showing me/my camera) disappear for all attendees, so that only the screen-shared video is visible on the full screen.

Can you please clarify the exact step I need for that?

Thank you.

nancyc

Hi Ganyc,

I found your setting.  If you would please test and let me know if it worked.  Please check out this documentation.  Managing-attendees-panelists-in-webinar   Look at the bottom of the doc under Attendee view controls.  Also, please checkout the screen shot attached.  By choosing standard view, the video panels of the Host and Participants should be removed from your screen share.  

I hope this works for you.  If it does, please mark as solution accepted so others may benefit from it. 

Thank you!

Nancy

If I'm doing a presentation and sharing my screen, I want to know how to remove the speaker box on the right. The attached image would be from a participant point of view. I've turned off my camera but still there is this box with the thumbnail person. Anyone who is in the Zoom meeting is seeing this square blocking the image. I cannot find a way to remove it and none of the solutions offered on here work. 

nancyc

Hi CCH96740,

The Release notes for the latest Zoom Client have a new feature "Removal of non-video panelists when sharing content".  Even though Panelists refer to Zoom Webinar, if you would please update to the latest Zoom Client which is version 5.14.5.  And then check to see if this provides the behavior you are seeking in your meeting.  Thank you

Nancy

TomRichtrF1
Listener

Apologies for bringing this up. I am looking for the solution of exactly the same problem. When sheering screen during my webinar, I want speaker's window completely disappear from all participants' screens. I went through all the documentation and advises.  But the option 'standard view' is not available to me. And when I am sharing the screen (when the 'standard view' option should appear, as far as I understand), I am unable to select View options as this menu is not available anywhere. Any help is dully appreciated. Please, see screenshots.

nancyc

Hi TomRichtrF1,

Thanks for reaching out.  Apologies for the delay in my response....

A few things....the Standard option (as I've tested) only appears when you mute your video as the Host that is sharing.   So, mute video, share screen, "view" button with standard as chosen in the drop down should show your sharing only.  Also, it does help if you are in Fullscreen.   Now, the View button may be hidden if you are using one screen, or if you have two screens and choose the "enable dual screens" option in your Client settings.  Would you please check through these and let me know how it goes? 

Thank you,

Nancy

howdy, I found this to be the process:

Go to your settings where you set up your profile in the app. Go to "Share Screen" and uncheck the "side-by-side Mode."  Your video next to the presentation will no longer show. See photo

TomRichtrF1
Listener

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunatelly, it doesn't work the way you describe. Because, when I mute my video and start sharing, I no longer can choose they way attendee is watching, because the option simply is not there - please, see attached image. And with my video muted, the attendee still sees the static thumbnail image of the speaker. 

nancyc

Hi TomRichtrF1,

My apologies that you are still having issues with this option.  My next suggestion would be to open a ticket with our Support team.  They may be able to assist you further. 

Thank you,

Nancy

karthik_jtf
Listener

Was this ever resolved. I am seeing the same issue.

Regrettably not. Unless Zoom will implement a feature 'Hide presenter's and hosts' thumbnails during sharing', this will continue to be a problem.

kbartonrealtor
Listener

howdy, I found this to be the process:

Go to your settings where you set up your profile in the app. Go to "Share Screen" and uncheck the "side-by-side Mode."  Your video next to the presentation will no longer show. See photo

ChapinS
Listener

I just tested this & it worked for me:

Shared screen or window only (no participant videos included)

This layout captures only the screen or window that is being shared, with no view of any participants’ video.

This requires any participant to share their screen and the participant who is recording to have the Record video during screen sharing client setting disabled.

*Note, this is in the Desktop's Settings: Recording -> deselect "Record video during screen sharing".