cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Presenter View

MF76
Listener

When I give a presentation, I always use Show Presenter View, expecting that my audience will see the pictures I'm showing and a small camera shot of me.  On my side, I will see those two things, but also my script and the next slide (which the audience is not supposed to see).  Today, my audience did not see a camera shot of me and saw my script, which significantly reduced the size of the pictures I wanted them to see.  I knew the audience did not see the camera shot of me, but was not aware of they were seeing my script (with reduced picture size) until the end.  What did I do wrong?  How do I keep from having that happen again?

6 REPLIES 6

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

I'm guessing that you're using PowerPoint? If not, let me know, although the concept of what I'm going to explain is the same.

It sounds like your output displays from PowerPoint were backwards. They were seeing what you should be seeing, and you were seeing what you want the audience to be seeing.

On the Presenter View screen there are some options/icons along the top-left. I'm including a screen clip of what you're wanting to find and click on. When you click on "Swap Presenter View and Slide Show" it will flip the PPT outputs, therefore correcting what the audience should be seeing.

ZoomTestKitchen_0-1666821818546.png

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

MF76
Listener

Jeff,

Yes, I'm using PPT.  However, it was not that the audience was seeing what I should be seeing and that I was seeing what they should have been.  We were both seeing the slides and my script, where as they should only have been seeing the slides.  As a result, the slides they were seeing were, according to the feedback I received, very small.  Neither of us were seeing the little camera view of me that should have appeared.  I was seeing the next slide in the upper right of my screen, as I always do in Presenter View, but I don't know if the audience was (no one mentioned it, though).  Unfortunately no one took a screen shot of what they were seeing.  My concern about you solution is that flipping the view wouldn't seem to be the solution since were seemed to be seeing the same thing, when they shouldn't have seen what I was seeing.

Mark

ZoomTestKitchen

I think this needs to be tested live again with the sole purpose of providing you feedback. At that point it can get fixed.

If you wish to join a group of Zoom admins who meet every Friday to learn, test, and enhance our Zoom knowledge, I invite you to join us in the Zoom Test Kitchen. We meet on Friday's at 3:00 pm eastern. If you can make it just remind me of this issue and we'll dedicate some time to getting it figured out.

If you're able to attend, please private message me here in the Zoom Community and I'll provide you a direct invitation to the meeting.

@ZoomTestKitchen

MF76
Listener

Jeff,

Yes, I'm using PPT.  However, it was not that the audience was seeing what I should be seeing and that I was seeing what they should have been.  We were both seeing the slides and my script, where as they should only have been seeing the slides.  As a result, the slides they were seeing were, according to the feedback I received, very small.  Neither of us were seeing the little camera view of me that should have appeared.  I was seeing the next slide in the upper right of my screen, as I always do in Presenter View, but I don't know if the audience was (no one mentioned it, though).  Unfortunately no one took a screen shot of what they were seeing.  My concern about your solution is that flipping the view wouldn't seem to be the solution since were seemed to be seeing the same thing, when they shouldn't have seen what I was seeing.

Mark

MF76
Listener

Jeff,

I hope you get this reply because in looking at the Zoom Test Kitchen page, I'm never sure where I'm supposed to press "Reply."  In any case, yes, I'll be happy to join you tomorrow (Friday) at 3:00 EST to discuss the problem I had with the Presenter View page.  Two other bits of information that may (or may not) be helpful: 1) though I am the presenter, I log into the Center for Continuing Education at *********** to actually give my presentation.  They then turn me from a guest into the host.   2) After everyone (15 participants) were logged on, I began my presentation, but by the 2nd slide people were calling out that they couldn't hear me, and since once I was on the Presenter View page I couldn't see my microphone icon, I had to get out of the Presenter View (which I did by ending Share), end the muting of my microphone (though I'm still not sure how that occurred, unless it was because the original host was muting all guests), and come back into Presenter View.  Perhaps something in that sequence (or something I unknowingly did during the sequence) caused the audience to end up seeing both the slides and my script when they should have only seen the slides.  I'm grateful for your taking an interest in helping me with this, as I have 11 more lectures on this subject, each with 170+ slides, and with the problem's reducing the size of the slides, the talks are a lot less effective.

ZoomTestKitchen

You can register to attend here: https://bit.ly/3ubyJQc

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

@ZoomTestKitchen