cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Share Slide Show Without Showing Computer Desktop?

Heidi_Love
Listener

Is there really no way to inject a simple slide show directly into a Zoom Webinar, rather than having to use an external slideshow program (such as Power Point) and having to share my computer screen?

I noticed if we want to share a video, we can click the “Advanced” tab of the Share function and choose “Video” and this enables us to share a video without our computer desktop being visible to attendees. This is great.

However, everything I'm reading about sharing a slide show requires me to share my computer desktop so that attendees see my actual computer desktop where the slide show lives. 

Our previous webinar platform, WebinarJam, allowed us to inject slides directly into the webinar, so the slides lived in the webinar itself, not on my computer, so I never had to "share" my own computer screen and make my computer desktop visible to attendees.

Does that make sense? Is there really no way to inject a slideshow into a Zoom webinar? And if not, how do you share slides in Zoom Webinars without making your desktop visible to attendees? In our practice sessions, we've experimented with PowerPoint (using these Zoom instructions https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203395347-Screen-sharing-a-PowerPoint-presentation) but we couldn't figure out how to hide the Power Point control panel so that the attendees only see the slides, not the surrounding Power Point control panels and menus.

Would love the hear how others do it.

2 REPLIES 2

ArvinG
Participant | Zoom Employee
Participant | Zoom Employee
How about if we try this:

1. Open your PPT file > Presenter view
  2. Start the Webinar from your Zoom Desktop Client > Share Screen > Basic > Select the PPT file that is already in Presenter view

**The option to inject a file into the Webinar itself sounds like a good idea! Can you submit that feed back here > https://zoom.us/feed

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".
If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Heidi_Love
Listener

I will try that to see if it works, thank you!