cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn off desktop notifications from Zoom gmail connection?

garthlaidlaw
Listener

I can't find anywhere how to turn off email notifications on my desktop through zoom, and Zoom seems to have the worst support.  Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

Garth

5 REPLIES 5

i2i
Listener

Couldn't agree more.  Given Zoom's lack of customer support and poor documentation, I'm switching to a new platform.  Thanks for the memories.  

Jameswalter
Participant

To turn off desktop notifications from Zoom Gmail connection, you can follow these steps:

Open Gmail on your desktop browser and sign in to your account.

Click on the gear icon in the top-right corner of the screen and select "Settings" from the drop-down menu.

In the Settings menu, select the "Desktop notifications" tab.

Scroll down to the "New mail notifications on" section and locate the "Meet" option, which is the integration for Zoom meetings.

Click on the drop-down menu next to "Meet" and select "Off."

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the "Save Changes" button.

I see a radio button option for New mail notifications. I do not see anywhere I can find a "Meet" option.

I do not see a desktop notifications tab when I open settings.

willjoe2442
Participant

Corrupted or damaged browser extension might cause problems with Microsoft Edge, causing playback issues in video and audio files. Disabling all the browser extensions could be a way to resolve this issue. Note ? Press CTRL + SHIFT + N to open a private window and try playing the video or audio stream in it.

Regards,

Will