cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event Registration

davidroethler
Listener

I recently set up a Zoom event.
https://events.zoom.us/ev/Aupyg0rLbXmdD2b4yS2nONeJkBOyAKKYLEtsR9iUyWi4_V5mxt4G~AggLXsr32QYFjq8BlYLZ5...
I cannot find a way for attendees to avoid registering with Zoom. Is this mandatory for paid events?

Thank you very much for your help! DAVID

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mgstark
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@emmaan @davidroethler I just wanted to update you that the latest release this month includes guest users for paid events.

• Allow guest users to join paid Zoom Events
    For paid events in both Zoom Events and Zoom Sessions, the host can enable or disable the guest join toggle in the event creation flow. The host cannot enable or disable this feature after publishing the event. Previously, guest join was not available for paid events.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

mgstark

@davidroethler the "allow user without Zoom Account to register" (guest join) is currently available for free events, not for paid type.

can I ask why that is please?  It makes it much more difficult for people to register for paid events if they don't currently have a zoom account (even if it's a basic version)

mgstark

@emmaan @davidroethler I just wanted to update you that the latest release this month includes guest users for paid events.

• Allow guest users to join paid Zoom Events
    For paid events in both Zoom Events and Zoom Sessions, the host can enable or disable the guest join toggle in the event creation flow. The host cannot enable or disable this feature after publishing the event. Previously, guest join was not available for paid events.

imogenrayner
Listener

We have organised and published a paid event.  We have a number of guests on the guest list - will they need a Zoom account to join?  The event was set up a number of weeks ago and we weren't aware of the 'enable guest toggle' in the event flow then.

mgstark

Hi @imogenrayner this feature was just released to enable guest join users to be supported for paid Zoom Events. If you have already users registered then you won't be able to change the Event Access settings as they become set when tickets are sold. So for this upcoming event the attendees would need to sign in with their Zoom account.

For your next event you can select under the Event Access section "Allow user without Zoom Account to register event" and enable both guest and the standard authentication.