cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not just delivering happiness, but love and care through Zoom

Dee_S
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

I have been working in Customer Success for a long time, and it has always been my passion to help people. On the other hand, music is another passion of mine, in fact, it is my first love. I never thought there would be a time that I’d experience both which had a great impact on my career here at Zoom and my love for music.

I recently met with this client who offers therapy services specially for children cancer patients – That, itself, is simply enough to melt my heart. Before the pandemic, they reach out to patients in hospitals, clinics and homes in person to sing songs to the children and/or to play musical instruments. This is just part of the healing process, as you know, music can help destress and calm the patients. Apart from playing music, they give medicinal consultations and simple conversations to help ease the patients’ anxiety. Imagine how their services could have been affected when the pandemic hit. Imagine how the children could have missed these curative help that they are getting - Thankfully, Zoom was there that allowed them to continually fulfill their mission. Zoom has helped bridge the gap and for them to virtually deliver their soothing live music, assistance and other services.

Meeting with this client from time to time to provide updates and new features that they can utilize and leverage in making sure they are able to fulfill their heart-warming jobs for the children. Zoom has definitely evolved great in just a couple of years, transforming from a video conferencing tool into a huge communications platform.

Some key features of Zoom include:

• Video Conferencing: Zoom allows users to host or join video meetings with participants from around the world. It supports high-quality video and audio streaming, making it suitable for various purposes, such as business meetings, webinars, virtual events, and personal video chats.

• Screen Sharing: Users can share their computer screens with others, which is useful for presentations, demonstrations, and collaborative work.

• Team Chat: Zoom offers text-based chat features for sending messages, links, and files to meeting participants or individuals. It also supports group chat within meetings.

• Recording: Zoom meetings can be recorded for later reference or sharing with others. This feature is often used for archiving important discussions or educational sessions.

• Scheduling: Users can schedule Zoom meetings in advance and send invitations with meeting details and links to participants. Integrations with calendar apps like Google Calendar and Microsoft Outlook are available.

• Virtual Backgrounds: Zoom allows users to set virtual backgrounds, which can be fun or professional, to enhance the visual appearance of their video calls.

• Breakout Rooms: In larger meetings or webinars, hosts can create breakout rooms to facilitate small group discussions, collaboration, or workshops.

• Security and Privacy: Zoom has implemented various security features, such as password protection for meetings and waiting rooms to control participant access. It also offers end-to-end encryption for Zoom meetings.

• Cross-Platform Compatibility: Zoom is available as a desktop application for Windows and macOS, as well as mobile apps for iOS and Android devices. It can also be accessed through web browsers.

• Integration: Zoom can integrate with various third-party applications and services, including productivity tools like Slack, Trello, and Dropbox, to enhance its functionality.

Zoom has become an essential tool for businesses, healthcare, educational institutions, and individuals to stay connected and collaborate remotely, especially during times when in-person meetings and gatherings are limited or not feasible. What is your favorite Zoom feature?

5 REPLIES 5

bob_sat
Participant | Zoom Employee

This is incredibly insightful, Dee! Thanks for sharing! 

KhatC

Thank you so much for sharing, Dee! Your story warmed my heart as I also believe that music is powerful and therapeutic. I'm glad to be a part of an organization that provides other organizations the means to see through their mission and achieve their goals with the power of unified communications.

alexisbrown
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

I'm not crying, you're crying 😭💙. I love this story so much. Thank you for sharing! 

Alexis
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

crissyd

Great post, @Dee_S ! It also warms my heart and makes me very proud to be a Zoomie whenever customers say that our platform helps them achieve their goals. In a way, we are helping them help others and make a difference.💙

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

This is such a beautiful story! Thank you so much for sharing @Dee_S 💙

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?