cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JWT deprecation

judyk
Listener

I am not a developer. There is nothing I have created to work within my zoom account. But I got the message about the jwt deprecation. 

I apparently have one app that was jwt. It's the developer.zoom.us API 

I have no idea what this is or why I have it. I have tried emailing support and the answer wasn't helpful. They also closed the ticket so my response requesting more information isn't going anywhere. The support chat keeps asking me to rephrase the question. IM on the zoom facebook page has not responded. 

Can anyone here tell me if I need to take any action about this API?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

crissyd
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hello @judyk ! Please check this blog and FAQs to know more about the JWT deprecation process.

Thanks. I'd read the FAQ. Based on the blog, I"m going to assume that since this is a zoom API, zoom is responsible for updating it?

crissyd

@judyk It is now automatic. Current users of the JWT app type should migrate to the newly introduced server-to-server Oauth app or an OAuth app as a replacement for their JWT app. See the JWT app type migration guide for more. 

Q: I use a JWT app developed by a Zoom. What should I do?

A: For instructions on how to migrate specific integrations developed by Zoom, see the guides below.

Thank you! This was very helpful. I couldn't figure out how to deactivate it, but I think that on Sept 1, when I followed the instructions for switching to OA (by removing the integration in acuity with zoom and then adding it back again) that it must no longer be an active jwt integration. The logs stop on Sept 1, which is when I did that action. 

judyk
Listener

Thank you. I'm still not clear.

The one that is a jwt in my account is none of the ones mentioned in these link. As I put in the original question, it is 

developer.zoom.us API 

I don't know where it came from, why I have it, IF it's doing anything for me, or if I need to worry about it.

crissyd

@judyk I see. If you want to know if your account is using this, as an account administrator, login to your App Marketplace, go to Manage > Apps on Account > Created Apps. In the dropdown showing OAuth Apps, choose JWT. Click the three dots in the Action column and choose View Call Logs to show the logs associated with the JWT app type. See Managing the Zoom App Marketplace for more details about the Admin Dashboard.

And if it's no longer being used, you can delete the JWT app. On the Marketplace app management screen, click the option to Remove App and click Remove in the modal to remove. Understand that if you delete your app you will not be able to get it back. Be sure that you've reviewed the logs to be sure that you are no longer using your app before you delete it. You can also deactivate it to see if it causes any issues, and reactivate it as you work to move your integrations off JWT.