cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to connect on macbook but can connect on IPAD

rvanderjagt
Listener

Hello,

I tried reinstalling ZOOM on my MACBOOK but it would not allow me to download. I can link into zoom from my IPAD but not my MACBOOK.

Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @rvanderjagt, thank you for your contribution to the Zoom Community! 

In some cases, this problem may be caused by the specific hardware/ network related issues of your Mac device. Please check what kind of processor you are using. You can find the details by clicking on the Apple logo and then > about this Mac.

If your device has M1 Silicone chip, you will need to uninstall your current Zoom application and install a special Zoom client from our Download Center.
This chip was first introduced in new Mac devices in late 2020.
(zoom.us/download😞

CarlaA_0-1682614733149.png

If you've already tried this, I would recommend uninstalling the Zoom application using our specific Zoom Uninstall file per the instructions below:

Open Finder -> Applications and right-click Zoom.us.
From here, select "Show package contents":

CarlaA_1-1682614733279.png

Next, open Contents -> Frameworks:

CarlaA_2-1682614733155.png

CarlaA_3-1682614733141.png

Lastly, launch the ZoomUninstaller file on your device:

CarlaA_4-1682614733188.png

Doing so should uninstall the Zoom application from your device. When this had been accomplished, please browse back to our Download Center at zoom.us/download and install the correct Zoom Client for Meetings for your Mac device.

Download the M1 client version if on a Mac with an M1 chip.
NOTE: For users running Zoom on a Mac device with the M1 chip, they may need to download/install the Rosetta app in order for to resolve this issue. For instructions, please see the article from Apple Support:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211861

Once you've completed the above, please let me know your results and I will be happy to investigate further as needed.

If you are not using M1 Silicon chips please do manual uninstall-reinstall Zoom in your device.

1. Open the Zoom desktop application.
  2. Select zoom.us at the top of your screen and select Uninstall Zoom.
  3. Select OK to confirm uninstalling the Zoom desktop application and all of its components.
  4. Once completed, reinstall Zoom on our download center.

For your reference: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362983-How-to-uninstall-Zoom

I hope this helps! 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?