cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2FA and Recovery Code

ronjoan
Listener

I have a basic account and I inadvertently set up 2FA and cannot find where the Zoom authenticator code is being sent although I have Microsoft and Google Authenticator apps.  Also I cannot find a Recovery Code for the account and I cannot submit a ticket for support because it is only a basic account.  The only way I could get into THIS Community was to set up a new Zoom basic account (WITHOUT 2FA) with a different email account which is not ideal going forward as it is not the email account I use most of the time.  Any suggestions any one?  I cannot even upgrade the account to Pro to get the necessary support because I cannot sign into that account!  A real Catch 22.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Zoom_Supp_Mngr
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

@domschmidt 

Hello,

If you have a Pro account, your account owner can correct this by setting them up with a temporary password for you, and using that password; they can then turn off 2FA for you. You would then have to change your password to something new.

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33

alexisbrown
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @ronjoan ,

Thank you for using the Zoom Community to seek support, and apologies for the hassle in trying to seek support from Zoom. I recommend you review this support article, which perhaps has the information you need to solve your issue: Managing two-factor authentication (2FA)

Alexis
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Sorry that does not help and I had read it thoroughly before coming to the Community chat.  I only have a private and basic account and so there is no administrator to make changes to the log in details and without an authentication code I cannot get into the account at all.

Are you able to sign in to your Zoom account from your computer? If so, did you already attempt these steps outlined below?

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal. 
  2. In the navigation menu, click Profile.
  3. Under Sign In, in the Two-factor Authentication section, use these options to set up 2FA on a new device or remove an existing setup:
Alexis
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

ronjoan
Listener

That does not work because I cannot sign into the Account because it insists on an Authentication Code or a Recovery Code neither of which I have.  I am using an old email and Zoom account to conduct this conversation but I would like to use my main email account which is the one causing the problem.  

Zoom_Supp_Mngr
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

@ronjoan 
Hello, I sent a private message to you.

Please respond to that message. We would happily assist you with this issue.
Thank you,

Melvin S.

Hi! I have the same issue. Zoom signed out after a session and now requests 2FA but my FA app doesn't have it. I had to create another account but i desperately need to keep my initial one. No support ticket is provided. Please, help)

Same issue for my account at ***********. Had to create a new account under a different email. 

I have this same issue and had to log in to this forum using an old email address. please help.

How can I get help from Zoom to get me into my account?

How can I get help from zoom to get into my account?

I'm with the same issue in my another account. Can you help me, please?

Hi Melvin. I'm having the same problem as ronjoan. Any chance you could help me as well?

Thanks,

Scott

I'm having the same issue too! I had to start this whole new account just to reach out to get help, but I have a buttload of meetings coming up and I really need to be able to log in and out of my main account! I do NOT have a 'pro' account but need access to my basic account. BADLY. LIKE YESTERDAY.

Hi, I've the same issue of clicking on the 2FA but didn't get to completely set it up. Now I can't access my original Zoom acc and caused much anxiety. Can you pls help? Thanks!

Hi Zoom_Supp_Mngr,

Can you help me resolve this issue, pls?

I have the same issue with my other account (had to register with new mailaccount to write here).

I'm logged out. For login and after entering email and password on the login page, zomm is asking for the 6-digit Authenticator code. The Authenticator-App was installed on an old Iphone and no longer exists. And I can't find my recovery codes. So I need help to recover my account.

I have this same issue and had to log in to this forum using an old email address. please help.

Zoom_Supp_Mngr
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

@ronjoan 

Hello,

We opened a support ticket for you and sent an email to assist with getting this corrected for you. Please respond to that email and we will happily have this fixed for you.

Thank you,

Melvin

I'm having the same issue too! I had to start this whole new account just to reach out to get help, but I have a buttload of meetings coming up and I really need to be able to log in and out of my main account! I do NOT have a 'pro' account but need access to my basic account. One of my meetings starts in 45 minutes! 

Here's what worked for me: when you contact Zoom, do not try to get "technical support," since they'll tell you that you don't qualify with a basic account. Instead, ask for "account and billing support," and they should be able to help you.

domschmidt
Listener

Ich habe das gleiche Problem. Was macht man wenn man die Wiederherstellungscodes verloren hat? 

Die Authenticator App geht nicht.

Danke 

Zoom_Supp_Mngr
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

@domschmidt If you could please turn on your private messaging, we would happily assist you with this issue.
Thank you,

Melvin S.

I'm having same issue. Got a new smartphone device. Google Authenticator cleared my code. I don't have the recovery code. After several attempts chat support is not able to help. Using new email but want to recover old account. It's a basic account. If necessary will upgrade but prefer not too. Please DM me for assistance.

Here's what worked for me: when you contact Zoom, do not try to get "technical support," since they'll tell you that you don't qualify with a basic account. Instead, ask for "account and billing support," and they should be able to assist.

I'm having the same issue too! I had to start this whole new account just to reach out to get help, but I have a buttload of meetings coming up and I really need to be able to log in and out of my main account! 

ALSO: How do I turn on the private messaging feature? I don't even see that as an option. 

Zoom_Supp_Mngr
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

@domschmidt 

Hello,

If you have a Pro account, your account owner can correct this by setting them up with a temporary password for you, and using that password; they can then turn off 2FA for you. You would then have to change your password to something new.

n_davies
Listener

Hi, 

I am having the same issue on another account.  Phone was lost with recovery codes and Authenticator app...now I can't get into my zoom account.  Please HELP!!

SemoTech
Listener

There is no "Two-factor Authentication" entry/option under Profile / Sign-In if one is using a Basic account!!!!

Please add Two-factor Authentication section for Basic Accounts!

Thank you.

Well then why does it require it when I have a basic account?

Samtheman
Listener

I have the same issue. Was going to use Zoom today, was signed out and now I cannot sign back in because it asks for the authetication code or the recovery number, which I am not getting for whatever reason. I have checked the spam folders and my texts and nothing. How am I supposed to request a ticket when I cannot even sign in? Please help. I need this account for tomorrow.

I am using my work account to participate in this board, but I need to get to my personal account.

Samtheman
Listener

Has anyone gotten this issue resolved, just wondering.