cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to download a Meeting Recording to My Computer. I don't see the .MP4. What do I do next?

Gerald_Palomo
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi, I just concluded a 2 hour meeting recording to my computer (as a co-host). I saw the horizontal bar that shows percentage of completion of "Convert Meeting Recording".

When I got back from lunch, the box disappeared, and I see the Zoom folder in Windows Explorer with:

1) Audio file (67.3kb)

2) Chat

3) Recording image with type .conf (size 1 kb). 

How can I get the .mp4 (audio & video) downloaded, so I can share it with my colleagues?

Thanks, Gerald

9 REPLIES 9

llindburg
Newcomer
Newcomer

Same thing happened to me with a 45-minute meeting yesterday (7/22/24).  When I hit "stop recording", I got the same "Convert Meeting Recording" message, let it continue, and when I came back, could not find any recording. I've submitted the query to Zoom support.  Will let you know if I get anything helpful back. 

earlyarts247
Newcomer
Newcomer

Exactly the same thing happened to me today. I clicked on record at the start of each of my three meetings today. The first two created recordings fine but, for the third one, there is no recording in the folder, despite that I watched the 'convert meeting recording' bar go to 100% afterwards. Where has it gone? It is not in the online zoom account either. Very bad form if this is an unpredictable tech glitch.

Zoom will not help. I never got the temp files as Zoom refers to quote below:

"Hi, First thing we need to know is do you have the temp files inside the Zoom folder? 

Because if there is none, we cannot do anything about it. Thanks, Camille"

Sadly, I'm SOL

llindburg
Newcomer
Newcomer

Zoom Support sent the standard "how to retrieve local recordings"  response. The fact that all 3 of us experienced this Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week suggests to me it may be a glitch on Zoom's end.  I have referenced this page to Zoom Support.  If any of you have any success retrieving your files, please post here.  Thank you!

Bummer, I got the same standard support zoom link as well: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0061761, but it is not working. I will contact the Zoom rep: Camille Miguel if she can do a shared computers session 1:1 to iron it out. So disappointing.  Will keep you all updated.

Gerald_Palomo
Newcomer
Newcomer

Zoom will not help. I never got the temp files as Zoom refers to quote below:

"Hi, First thing we need to know is do you have the temp files inside the Zoom folder? 

Because if there is none, we cannot do anything about it. Thanks, Camille"

Sadly, I'm SOL.

Well I'm both happy and embarrassed to say that Zoom support did help me.  Turns out I had saved to my laptop, though no searches I did - even after they told me where it was - turned up the file, so Zoom gave me a direct link, some absurd pathway.  Anyway, I got it.  I am sorry yours did not show up.  Assuming you provided the Meeting ID - that's how they were able to trace mine.  Best of luck....

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello @Gerald_Palomo,

I'm sorry for the late response and welcome to the Zoom Community!

You can try logging in to the web app. On the left pane, click on Settings > Recording. You will see the location where the local are being saved and click on Open.

4E838812-5D97-41CF-8C57-41613B0FD9A9.png

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Mine does not look like that when I open Settings and Click recordings.  I read through and there is no HTML link to where they are going, just options to click boxes under "Record to Computer Files" like  "Save chat..."  "Save closed caption..." etc?