cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programatically detect zoom meetings from another app

brebisson

Hello,

I am tasked by my manager to create a system that will allow to notify a user that a zoom meeting is about to start (or starting) using an external light and vibrating system.

Is there a way to query the zoom application to know that a meeting is about to start (or starting)?

Thanks,

Cyrille

4 REPLIES 4

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@brebisson - there is a webhook in the marketplace that indicates when meetings are starting. If you want to proactively query to find meetings that are about to start (or started), you would have to query by user to get a list of their meetings and determine the start time for each of them.

It is important to note that the webhook tells you when a host actually starts a meeting, and the API tells you when the meeting is scheduled to start, but may not be actually started.  I am not sure what the purpose of this is, but if you are just trying to let users know if they are supposed to be in meetings (or others that they are in meetings), you may want to explore products such as the Kuando Busylight that changes color based on your Zoom presence.

Mary73
Newcomer
Newcomer

Correct, this can be easily accomplished using webhooks and APIs. If you are not a developer there is a marketplace app, Salepager, that can trigger a notification when a meeting starts that can connect to an external system. 

brebisson

Hello,

I am a developer and I indeed need to make something like the busylight...

Can you please point me to the zoom API documentation?

Thanks,

Cyrille

colegs

I included my link to the specific webhook above.  For all of the API documentation, you can go here.