cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Meeting Registration - Generic Link?

christyg
Explorer
Explorer

Hello,

We have scheduled a Zoom meeting requiring registration. 

Several employees will be participating at the event as facilitators. To simplify the process for them, I sent a calendar invitation through outlook with the Zoom link from one of our other employees who is an approved registrant. Since authentication is not required, employees can access the meeting using this approved registrant's link.

However, everyone who uses the link is automatically identified in the meeting as the approved registrant's name. Is there a generic link I can use that would not automatically identify them with the approved registrant's name? I would like one generic link (directly to the meeting, not the registration form) I can include in the calendar invitation to the facilitators so that they don't have to  register and download their own .ics file to add to their calendar. 

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

If you require registration, each link is assigned to a registrant, so they will be custom for each user.  It is sort of the point of the registration, to make sure you know everyone who is coming into the meeting and prevent others from joining.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

colegs

If you require registration, each link is assigned to a registrant, so they will be custom for each user.  It is sort of the point of the registration, to make sure you know everyone who is coming into the meeting and prevent others from joining.

Yes, I understand that. I was just looking for a workaround to make the calendar invitation process simpler for my facilitators. Thanks.

colegs

Yeah, sorry, we don't have a workaround since it would make it impossible to enforce the registration process, or to determine who shared unauthorized links.