cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Recordings - "double_click_to_convert_01"

Graylin
Explorer
Explorer

Usually the immediate after session, automatic recording conversion process creates three files: 1) "recording.conf" file type CONF; 2) "audio 1234567890" file type MPEG-4 Audio; and, 3) "video 1234567890" file type MP4.  But now the after session, automatic recording conversion process is creating es three files, like: 1) "zoomver.tag" file type TAG; 2) "double_click_to_convert_01" file type Zoom Recording File; and, 3) "double_click_to_convert_02" file type Zoom Recording File.  When I double click on the files the resulting conversion process creates TMP files, like: audio 1234567890.m4a.tmp and video 1234567890.mp4.tmp, neither of which are recognizable as media files.  This is a problem preventing me from sharing the session recording.  I tried the Zoom Support chat line and they ended up creating a ticket but so far I have not gotten a solution or explanation.

14 REPLIES 14

Mops
Newcomer
Newcomer

Same with me, I am unable to convert these files and have no response to request for help.

did you ever solve this issue? I'm stuck with the files that will not convert.  I even tried to manually open the files with zTscoder.exe  file.  someone pls help!

I waited about 10 minutes and then the converting began...not accustomed to such long wait times without a popup from modern devices.  

Lösche alle Audio  Dateien im Ordner - alles, was da ist - nur die convert-to-dateien dürfen noch dortstehen - dann doppelt anklicken - jetzt kann man convertieren

EVpositiv
Newcomer
Newcomer

Kann das Video mit mp4.tmp (ca. 22 MB) nicht starten oder konvertieren. Was tun?

Lösche alle Dateien im Zoom Ordner, Audio Datei, tmp Datei, alles was dort steht - nur die convert-to-zoom dateien dürfen noch dort stehen - dann doppelt anklicken - jetzt lässt sich die Datei konvertieren 

JoanW
Newcomer
Newcomer

I also have the same problem.

GregW
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi, When I click Convert it tries for awhile and then blue screen crashes my computer.
Please help!

cbuechler
Newcomer
Newcomer

habe die Lösung gefunden, in einem Youtube Video - im Zoom Ordner ALLE AUDIO DATEIEN UND SONSTIGE DATEIEN LÖSCHEN - es darf nur die convert-to-zoom Datei (en) noch da stehen - dann doppelt anklicken, es funktioniert

Sebes3rd
Newcomer
Newcomer

Found this help file 

Convert a local recording manually

Once you have confirmed the local recording file location, you should see double_click_to_convert_01.zoom and double_click_to_convert_02.zoom. You can manually convert the recording when you double-click on file double_click_to_convert_01.zoom.

If nothing happens or you get a prompt asking you how to open the file, please follow these steps:

1. From your desktop, click Go then Applications.
  2. Find zoom.us and right-click on the folder then select Show Content package.
  3. Open Contents then Frameworks
  4. Find Transcode, right-click and copy it
  5. Open the Applications folder in Finder and paste the Transcode app.
  6. Go back to the location of your local recording file then right-click on double_click_to_convert_01.zoom.
  7. Click Get Info
  8. Set Open with to Transcode
    You can manually convert the recording when you double-click on file double_click_to_convert_01.zoom.

When prompted with How do you want to open this file,

1. Click More apps.
  2. Click Browse.
  3. Go to Local Disk and follow path C:/Users/(PC username)/AppData/Roaming/Zoom/bin
  4. Click zTscoder.exe and make sure zTscoder.exe is displayed in the How do you want to open this file window.
  5. (Optional) Select the box for Always use this app to open .zoom files.
    This will ensure that it will use the same application when manually converting a local recording again.
  6. Click OK and wait for the local recording conversion to complete.

#HopeThisHelps

This was exactly what I needed today! Thank you for posting. I followed your MacOS instructions and was able to access my recordings that would have been lost otherwise.   

JenniferN
Newcomer
Newcomer

I ma having the exact same issue. I did the "Convert a local recording manually" option. Still no luck. Does anyone have a solution? I'm at my wits end. 

Hey ya! I followed these instructions today (Mac OS) and they worked for me! Fingers crossed, they will work for you too! 

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Zoom-Meetings/Local-Recordings-quot-double-click-to-convert-01-quot/m-... 

#HopeThisHelps

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hi @JenniferN,

Have you seen @Sebes3rd and @coachlisanne's answers?

Please let us know if it helped or if you need further assistance.

Have a great day!

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?