cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Updating! What a mess!!! CANNOT uninstall Zoom!

conniebell
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

I have Windows 11 on a laptop.  I have been trying to install the latest updates (the button of which has now disappeared from my menu) and I get the message that "The installation package could not be opened.  Contact the application vendor to verity that this is a valid Windows installer package."

I have spent hours with numerous tech people (and expense) and NOONE can get the old version of Zoom off of my machine.  We downloaded the CleanZoom app and it still does not delete it.  We also tried Revo Uninstaller Pro and that could not delete it either.  Does anyone have a fix?  

I need to 1) Delete the old version of Zoom so I can update and 

2) Restore my update button in my menu.

UPDATE:  Used Microsoft Uninstaller program and THAT deleted the older version of Zoom.  I still don't have the Update button in my menu.  Don't know how to get that.

Thank you for any help.

Connie

9 REPLIES 9

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello @conniebell 

Welcome to the Zoom Community! We're glad to have you here.

You can follow this article on how to do a clean install for the Zoom app.

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Thank you for replying Mark. I've been through those steps multiple multiple times and they were not successful. Please let me know if there's another solution.

Hi Mark, thank you for your quick reply. I have followed those instructions numerous times and they did not work. Do you have any other suggestions?

Hi Mark,

I don't know if you are receiving my replies or not.  So I apologize if you are getting multiple messages from me.

I have followed the steps in your article more times than you can think and still Zoom does not uninstall.  Do you have any other recommendations?  Also, how do I get my Zoom update menu option back?  It has disappeared.

Thank you for your help.

Connie

The only solution was to use Microsoft Uninstaller program.  THAT was able to delete the old version of Zoom.  Please tell others.

MGSR

Hello @conniebell!

I'm sorry for the late response. I'm glad that you were able to resolve the issue and thank you for the additional information. 

Have a great day!

Mark
Zoom Community Team

conniebell
Explorer
Explorer

MGSR, thank you for your reply.

Can you tell me how to get the option to "Check for Updates" again in my drop-down menu?

MGSR

You might have the MSI version of the Zoom app, which is the version used by organizations to control updates. If you have this version, the "Check for Updates" option might be hidden because your organization’s admin controls it. You may check out out more in this article

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Mark
Zoom Community Team

conniebell
Explorer
Explorer

This is the link that I see when I check properties:  C:\Users\conni\AppData\Roaming\Zoom\bin\Zoom.exe

Is that the wrong version?  At one point my IT guy did try to download the MSI version but Zoom was deleted and the latest version was installed.  Do I have the wrong one?  How do I get the right version?  Thanks for your help.