cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when trying to add alternative host

mickapoo
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm trying to assign an alternative host to my personal meeting room. When I try to do so, I get the error message "Unable to assign "***********" as an alternative host because the user cannot be selected at this time".  Any idea why? Thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES 10

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Your alternate host must be someone on your account, and licensed.

See the details of using the Alternative Host in this Zoom Support article:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/208220166-Designating-an-alternative-host 

If you feel like your Alternative Host fits the requirements, we can discuss further.

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

I am having this problem as well.  I created an organization (Simply Mobilizing USA) and added a user to the organization (***@gmail.com).  He is a licensed Pro users.  He received and confirmed the addition.  I had him confirm he was at the appropriate Windows App level.  I then tried to create a meeting and add him as Alternate Host but got the message "Unable to add ***@gmail.com as an alternative host because the user cannot be selected at this time."

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @rhultman.

I'm unclear about something... it sounds like you created a new organization. Both the Host and the Alternate Host have to be on the same organizational account.  You can invite the user you created to join your account; see this Zoom Support article for details:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360028938451-Adding-existing-users-to-a-paid-account

If the person is on the same account, then it's possible that some portion of the information is cached by the web page you're on, and re-loading the web page before continuing might help.  But it seems to be an indication that you typed in a name that isn't on the same account as you.

Hi Ray, I am having the issue described above. It sounds like if I am inviting a cohost from a different company who I guess must not be on their own licensed account, what is the next best alternative assuming I don't have permission to add this person to my org's account? Thanks so much for any insight!

I am having the same issue. I have set up an additional account under my account. This email is from the same company and it has its own zoom account.  I am getting the same error message as above. 

Ray_Harwood

@kaspringfield1 - is the account Licensed, or Basic?  Alt Hosts must be on the same account as the meeting owner and a Licensed user.

rhultman
Newcomer
Newcomer

I did just create the new organization, then added the user who had a paid Pro account.  The user received the email and confirmed it.  I tried to create a meeting and add him as Alternate Host and it failed. I logged off, then back on. Failed again. I find it strange that clearing cache would cause this. I switched to a completely different browser, logged into Zoom, created the meeting, added him as Alternate Host and got the same error message.  Attached is a screenshot showing the organization (Simply Mobilizing USA) and the linked account for ***********.  

sstieg
Newcomer
Newcomer

Why does this have to be complicated? Why not just let us add the email we wish to have as co-leader, as long at they are registered on Zoom?  

kjhartma

Are we sure this is something we can do?  I just looked in my personal room and I don't see an option to add an alternative host to my personal room?  Is that controlled by an admin on the account maybe?

Hi @kjhartma 

I'm sorry for the late response. Users can add alternative hosts but they would need an account level setting from the account owner or admins.

You can read more in this article

Have a great day!