cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you share screen with SOME participants but NOT OTHERS in Zoom?

cseow
Newcomer
Newcomer

There are occasions when the participants are divided into different "factions" - such as during an online negotiation where we want to share internal terms of reference internally within a faction without sharing it with the other faction;

or we have a panel interviewing candidates - and the panel (individual Zoom participants) wants to confidentially share CVs of other candidates without showing it on screen to the current candidate being interviewed;

etc...

Is there a way do do this? Even if only for the host? Is there a way to use breakout rooms perhaps?

5 REPLIES 5

RN

Hey @cseow, I think you're on the right track here with breakout rooms! I would recommend using breakout rooms to leverage individually assigning attendees to a breakout room or a particular group of attendees. The host can then hop in between breakout rooms.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

cseow
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hey @RN 

I wrote a reply but somehow it did not get posted. This is second try in posting a reply.

I explored Breakout rooms (and private messaging) but somehow I feel they are perhaps, AT BEST, workarounds at this point. There is a change in the dynamics of the meeting when one faction literally disappears for a while. The flow of the meeting gets disrupted. Private messaging so far is probably closer to the real world situation except you cannot share a screen to the private group. (you need to create a breakout room for that).

What I am trying to replicate is the real world situation where two "factions", each sitting together on one side of the table, face the other "faction". Each faction is able to share information easily (including live working documents such as spreadsheets) but that information is not visible to the other faction, (say for the purpose of negotiating/bargaining); all the while maintaining the ability to speak to the all members (including members of the opposite faction).

Any other suggestions on how this might be achieved?

Hey @cseow, breakout rooms, I believe maybe your best fit for what you're trying to accomplish. You might be able to share and collaborate on a Google Doc, Slides, or Sheets with the participant via in-meeting private chat or email. I'm definitely open to other possibilities that will best suit your requirements!

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Hey @cseow, sorry for the misunderstanding. Having thought about ways to achieve what you're trying to accomplish is something we don't support at this time. We hope to see this resolve your scenario in the future if you could please suggest it to zoom.us/feed!

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

cseow
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thanks RN for so thoughtfully considering what I was saying. Much appreciated. I guess it is something to look forward to in the future.