cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Webinar recording views - can I change from UTC?

GeneJockey
Explorer
Explorer

For Zoom webinars, we set up recordings in the Zoom cloud and make them available after the webinar to registrants. They are viewable only in the cloud and not downloadable. However, when I go to check on who has viewed and WHEN, all views are time stamped in UTC and not our local time zone. I know I can do the math to translate between UTC and real time for me, but it is a pain. Is there a way to specify the recording analytics be shown in local time as set in my profile?

2 REPLIES 2

DrRC
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have run into the same issue and can't believe that this was asked and discarded back in 2022. I require my students to watch all recorded lectures by a certain date/time and that means I have to convert hundreds of students' data every semester for one (important) course requirement.

What's the point of having access to Recording Analytics if they're all off by X hours?

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hi @GeneJockey and @DrRC,

I'm sorry for the late response. Currently this feature is not yet available; our backend process (web server) doesn’t know the timezone of the client and doesn’t pull it from profile records, so it has to be present in the standard UTC timezone. We do encourage you to send feedback to our engineering team to have this feature requested. 

Thank you, and have a great day.

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?