cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared screen in webinar not siplaying correctly

JSmith_UHVSBDC
Newcomer
Newcomer

When running a Zoom practice webinar, the attendee sees a black bar at the top of the shared screen.  This is new and normally, the tool bar even in a blackout mode, doesn't show to attendees. I have some screen shots that i have retrieved from the recording.

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @JSmith_UHVSBDC.

We did some testing on this in the Zoom Test Kitchen a few weeks ago, after someone else mentioned this phenomenon. We identified two issues that make this seem like a new issue, but likely not (in most cases):

• Previously, the background was all black, and any padding required for non-standard video  configurations was likely “invisible” against the all-black background.
  • Most standard 1920x1080 video didn’t produce the black bars in most situations, but if the attendee/viewer uses the “show menu all the time” mode, the resulting scaled video may not fit perfectly.

Not that this helps a lot, but one thing we didn’t explore was setting up a wallpaper. But I’m guessing this will also generate bars vertically or horizontally if the video didn’t fill the allocated window space. 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

STL
Newcomer
Newcomer

can the 1920x1080 be set for the webinar so as not to have these bars - as stated it is also happening in the recording if you want to use the webinar on demand?