Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum Speaker Number in Multi-Session Event

GrantOtsuki
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi all, 

I'm running a conference with 1500+ speakers over four days. 

I've set up an Event, and am trying to upload the speaker names and email addresses via the CSV import function. 

At about the third CSV import, I get the error "You have exceeded the maximum event capacity"

I've divided the CSV up into smaller files of less than 400 speakers each, and the Zoom website says there's no maximum to the number of speakers. 

Any idea what the problem might be? 

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @GrantOtsuki.  Sorry I didn’t see your post earlier!!  You likely already have an answer to your issue, given the time elapsed. 

See this Zoom Support article for details about limitations:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/5173876922253-System-limitations-for-Zoom-Events-hosts 

Specifically, see this bullet in the Sessions Tab section:

• You can add up to 200 speakers in a session. However, this also depends on the capacity.

You can ignore the line about Panelists; at one point Speakers and Panelists were separate, distinct elements of a session; now Speakers is the all-encompassing term. 

The “depends on the capacity” term is indicative of lower limits if your Events license is for less than the number of registrants. 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

This is helpful! I'm not adding speakers to sessions yet, but my issue is with adding speakers to the event. For some reason, if I don't have email addresses associated with each name in the CSVs, then I don't get the error and can upload as many speakers as I need. But if I have the email addresses properly associated, then it gives me the error after about 800. 

Maybe our Events license doesn't allow it? We have a prepaid number of attendees, but I'm in the process of getting this raised.