cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom timer, pins and recording

rchastain
Newcomer
Newcomer

I would like to share the zoom timer, pin one or two participants, and record only the participants I have pinned. I have tested this out and so far the Zoom Timer also appears in the recording. Is there a way to share the timer but not have it appear in the recording? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@rchastain ,

The recording will effectively record everything that is on the screen for the presenter, so unfortunately there is no way to share the timer and not have it captured in the recording.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

colegs

@rchastain ,

The recording will effectively record everything that is on the screen for the presenter, so unfortunately there is no way to share the timer and not have it captured in the recording.

@colegs Thank you for responding! I was afraid that was the case and have moved on to an OBS timer. 

Thanks!

We had a Zoom with several presenters in a line up.  I was a co-host and my job was to run the timer app giving each presenter 5 minutes.  Everything seemed to work perfectly during the meeting but in the recording, which we planned to send to all the participants, show video of me and audio of the presenter when I started the timer app (from Zoom).  When I closed the timer, the recording shows the presenter.  Again, in the event it all worked well but only in the recording did it show me rather than the presenter during the use of the timer. So, the recording is ruined.  What did I do wrong? I see not setting for this or any community questions about this.  Thanks. 

colegs

@CosmicCreations , from what you said, I don't see anything you did wrong.  It would be interesting to know what app you used for the timer, but the recording should be showing what is shared to everyone.  Even if you record locally, Zoom would record what is displayed on Zoom, not what is on your desktop.

During the Zoom meeting I clicked on the APPS icon and in there is a timer.  I used that. No third party app or downloaded app. Just the one from Zoom.  

When the presenter began, I opened the timer app and started a five minute timer which everyone saw.  When the presenter was finished I closed the timer.   I was watching the screen the whole time and the screen showed the presenter but the recording show only me.

colegs

@CosmicCreations did you start the recording, or did the actual host?  I have never seen this behavior before, so I would have to try to recreate.

The host started the meeting with admin credentials.  He made three of us co-hosts.  One co-host was master of ceremonies.  One was running the live Spanish translation. The other one, me, was running the timer for presenters.  We did suggest people use the captions for transitions if they needed that.  The host started the recording but unfortunately, due to the length of the meeting, he saved it locally to his computer. So, doing a re-conversion isn't possible.  We did have another person join the meeting about 45 minutes after it started who is also an admin on the account but he says he didn't do anything.  At no time during the meeting was the recording stopped and restarted. We would have gotten an alert for that if it did.  Never during the meeting did we see any issue such as showing me all the time, it is only in the recording did that occur which seems very odd that the recording did not mirror what we saw during the meeting.  Thanks for your effort to help us understand this issue and hopefully avoid it later.  The host is blaming himself and feels terrible about it.  The boss is wanting answers too.