cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whiteboard access settings - "admin disabled this setting"

KatyaK
Listener

Hi everyone, I'm trying to use the whiteboard and it's not working out for me. The meeting participants can't edit anything and when I tried to change the settings I get the message that the "admin has disabled this setting". I am the admin, it's my paid account. What can I do? 

I have a screenshot, but it looks like I can't share it here. 

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

BakerHe
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

HI @KatyaK , so you see following picture , right?

BakerHe_0-1711388450914.png

As the little i (info) tells us that "your admin has disabled this settings for your organisation". 

If we want to select "anyone",  we need to ask "Account admin" to enable external sharing. 

BakerHe_1-1711388632779.png

Then Let's return back to our own user setting. We can see that we can select the choice now.

BakerHe_2-1711388794269.png

View solution in original post

BakerHe
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hi @KatyaK , You can but not by this way.  I mean you can't set the options to "Anyone + editor",  as you can see the "Editor" choice is disabled when we select "Anyone". (Even for admin account setting)

BakerHe_0-1711399883073.png

But you can do this by using "Project" feature.

1. Create a project 
  2. Invite all your students to this project
  3. Share the whiteboard to this project with "Editor" privilege
  4. Finally, all students can edit the whiteboard.

BakerHe_1-1711400133609.png

The other solution is : share whiteboard in a meeting in collaborating mode, then everyone in this meeting can edit this whiteboard. 

Here is video guide for this : https://youtu.be/yFBuAuZLU3c?t=125

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

BakerHe
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

HI @Katya , if meeting participants can't edit , you can refer this question for more details. It may resolve your issue.  https://community.zoom.com/t5/Whiteboard/new-white-board/td-p/170484

For the second question, you can't change the setting and get the "admin has disabled this setting",  can you tell us the specific setting?

KatyaK
Listener

@BakerHe 

I wish I could attach the screenshot... 

Anyways, I go to my zoom profile, choose settings, then whiteboards, scroll down to sharing, then I get this: 

Default Access Level

Who can access:
 Only Invited Users
 (my name)
Anyone - can's select this, see below.

Access level:
Viewer - only this option is selected.
Commenter
Editor
I can't choose "anyone" and the little i (info) nexit to it says "your admin has disabled this settings for your organisation". 

BakerHe
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

HI @KatyaK , so you see following picture , right?

BakerHe_0-1711388450914.png

As the little i (info) tells us that "your admin has disabled this settings for your organisation". 

If we want to select "anyone",  we need to ask "Account admin" to enable external sharing. 

BakerHe_1-1711388632779.png

Then Let's return back to our own user setting. We can see that we can select the choice now.

BakerHe_2-1711388794269.png

KatyaK
Listener

Thank you! That's great! 

One question remails - can I select "editor" in the last step? I want my students to be able to edit - I mean, that's the whole point of collaboration, isn't it?

BakerHe
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hi @KatyaK , You can but not by this way.  I mean you can't set the options to "Anyone + editor",  as you can see the "Editor" choice is disabled when we select "Anyone". (Even for admin account setting)

BakerHe_0-1711399883073.png

But you can do this by using "Project" feature.

1. Create a project 
  2. Invite all your students to this project
  3. Share the whiteboard to this project with "Editor" privilege
  4. Finally, all students can edit the whiteboard.

BakerHe_1-1711400133609.png

The other solution is : share whiteboard in a meeting in collaborating mode, then everyone in this meeting can edit this whiteboard. 

Here is video guide for this : https://youtu.be/yFBuAuZLU3c?t=125

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @KatyaK

I have reviewed your post and have accepted @BakerHe's reply as a solution as their replies were helpful. Let us know if you have any further questions. 

Thank you! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

KatyaK
Listener

Hi, yes, I think that is the solution. It's rather counterintuitive and not very user-friendly way to go about it, but I guess there is no other way - maybe in the future?

It would be great if this process was made easier - then we wouldn't have to look for other software like Jamboards or Miro.