cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new white board

tleese
Listener

I have run several meetings where I try to grant my meeting attendants permission to edit the whiteboard. I can't seem to figure out how to do this correctly because they never get the tool bar to do so. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BakerHe
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Thanks, your setting is correct if you want to share whiteboard to external users.

Try this when you are in meeting if you want to share whiteboard to external viewer.

give-editor-access-in-meeting.gif

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

BakerHe
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

tleese
Listener

Thank you for this response. So, as I review this previous post that you shared, I see that my meeting attenders would need to have a more recent version of a Zoom account, in order to access my meeting whiteboards. What if my attendees do not have a zoom account at all? Are you saying that they would not be able to access my whiteboards if that was the case? 

BakerHe
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

"I see that my meeting attenders would need to have a more recent version of a Zoom account,"
Yes, recent version of zoom client (All zoom apps in the past year would be OK).  Any zoom accounts should be okay.

in order to access my meeting whiteboards. What if my attendees do not have a zoom account at all? Are you saying that they would not be able to access my whiteboards if that was the case? 

They can access your whiteboard in the meeting, even with non-loggin status.  But can't access the whiteboard anymore after the meeting. Because they don't have an account. They must login their account and join the meeting, then they can access it after the meeting ended.

FYI : Also you can assign the whiteboard access privilege to their accounts by typing their zoom account emails after the meeting. 

BakerHe_0-1710366081905.png

tleese
Listener

So, in response to your comment: "They can access your whiteboard in the meeting, even with non-loggin status.  But can't access the whiteboard anymore after the meeting." ....

The problem is that during a meeting, my attenders are not able to annotate at all on the white board. They are not able to access the necessary tool bar during our meeting. I'm not concerned with after the meeting, just during our sessions together. 

BakerHe
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Then it is clear.

Follow 2 tips:

1. share the whiteboard in collaborating mode

BakerHe_5-1710442710214.png

Whiteboard guide: https://zoom.us/wb/doc/5mBqPmtHSjqmUj_TaAKyBg/p/280039940947968

2. update zoom meeting clients to latest version (at least downloaded during the past year)  - Zoom Download Center https://zoom.us/download

tleese
Listener

Thank you for your continued follow-up. So I just finished another meeting with one of my students. I followed the directions you suggested.

Regarding step 2, I asked the parent if she had updated to the latest version of zoom, and she said yes. This particular student is using an ipad. I have several that use them, and also many who use laptops and desktops. None are able to access the whiteboard tools to annotate. 

Regarding step 1, I followed the steps laid out in your provided link. Once the whiteboard was opened, per usual, my student can see my whiteboard but does not have any drawing tools to write on it. When I click on the "share" button on the right, this is what my screen looks like:

tleese_0-1710516648271.png

If I type in the email used for their zoom, I still don't have success. Is there a next-step I need to be taking?

BakerHe
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

HI @tleese , Yes. they can't edit the whiteboard because they are in viewer role. Viewer means viewonly, can't edit the whiteboard.

BakerHe_0-1710528018593.png

We should assign editor role to participants. Then they can edit the whiteboard.

As you wrote in this comment. You already open whiteboard in collaborating mode. 

Then it should be about account setting. 

Account Management -> Account Setting -> Whiteboard -> Whiteboard Cloud Sharing -> Change "Only users in the same organization" to "Allow sharing with users in the same organization and outside your organization"

BakerHe_1-1710528445569.png

If you can't update this setting, request your account admin to do that. Account owner have to enable this if sub-users want to share whiteboard to external users.  

For your situation, students accounts are external to your organization.

BakerHe_2-1710528742466.png

tleese
Listener

Ok, thank you for helping me make progress! I am the account admin, and was able to follow your most recent guide. However, below that screen shot you sent me, I still seem to have a problem with "Access level." With "only invited users" chosen, I am blocked from clicking on "editor". If I choose "anyone" I have the same problem. Only if I choose "Teresa Leese" (me), am I allowed to have access to "editor". 

tleese_0-1710555616999.png

BakerHe
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Thanks, your setting is correct if you want to share whiteboard to external users.

Try this when you are in meeting if you want to share whiteboard to external viewer.

give-editor-access-in-meeting.gif

Yay! It worked! Thank you so very much for your help! 

What if "external users can be invited" is greyed out? I am the only person in my organization so I must have permissions

BakerHe
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

That is because  "Allow sharing with users in the same organization and outside your organization"  is off.

We should turn on this setting.

Follow this wiki (step by step) : How to enable in meeting collaboration on whiteboards https://community.zoom.com/t5/Whiteboard/How-to-enable-in-meeting-collaboration-on-whiteboards/td-p/...